Weather in Pomona (1 Viewer)

Hey Bob, do you really think they can say that far in advance what the weather is going to do, but like you hope they are wrong.

One thing for certain about the weather on the West Coast, it's just a best guess by the weatherman.

It could be 89º or freezing with a light dusting of snow, but I wouldn't alter my plans or miss the Winternationals for any weather prediction. 70% chance of no rain!

Anyone remember what happens at Parker Avenue when the air gets cold? :D

I hate to admit it, but I`ve been checking too, I usually prefer accuweather.com over weather.com, but they`re both calling for the same. Still have a week to go, so hopefully it`ll change. I know about three years ago, I rolled the dice and changed my flights to the next weekend after seeing the forecast, and sure enough it rained and the race was postponed a week. I hope that I don`t have to do that this time.

I hate to admit it, but I`ve been checking too, I usually prefer accuweather.com over weather.com, but they`re both calling for the same. Still have a week to go, so hopefully it`ll change. I know about three years ago, I rolled the dice and changed my flights to the next weekend after seeing the forecast, and sure enough it rained and the race was postponed a week. I hope that I don`t have to do that this time.

Good luck with that!! and have a good time Chris...

T

I can tell you that here where I type my speal in central San Joaquin Valley, we had the driest Jan. since 1889, back when Garlits beat Shirley at that famed Dust Bowl Nationals I mentioned on another thread...:eek:
So I figured that the rain is just holding off until the WINTERNATIONALS!! :mad:

I just checked it again and it was predicted that showers for Sat & Sun now it says Showers Thur & Sat.
A lot could change to bad it wasn't this weekend the weather is going to be nice. :rolleyes:

Good luck with that!! and have a good time Chris...

T
Yeah thanks Terry, sorry you`re not going. Oh well, wouldn`t be the first I`ve gotten wet in Pomona. Worse case scenario, we head up the coast to the old stomping grounds (Ventura) and hang out there all weekend. I think everythings going to be good though, just gotta think positive! See ya in Vegas?

Last edited:
Yeah thanks Terry, sorry you`re not going. Oh well, wouldn`t be the first I`ve gotten wet in Pomona. Worse case scenario, we head up the coast to the old stomping grounds (Ventura) and hang out there all weekend. I think everythings going to be good though, just gotta think positive! See ya in Vegas?

Nah..won't be in Vegas either...well at least the first Vegas. May make the last one...I will definetely be in Sonoma though..you oughtta come down for that?

T

The Weather report won't mean Beans till Wednesday, I've seen several early reports change.

Got that right-it's still a week a way and the forecast already has changed for the better. In the next week it could change for the worse. One thing it ain't gonna be and that is what it's like hear-tomorrow's high is going to be 11 with a low of zero at night, and we ain't talking centigrade either.

We just got home from So Cal an hour or so ago after going on a cruise with family and the weather was predicted to be sunny all week yet we didn't see the sun until we disembarked late Friday evening.

Here's one I've found to be quite reliable many pilots use and as of today it doesn't look good for next weekend:

Intellicast's 10 Day Forecast for Ontario

Looks like one run Thursday:) , one Friday:) , one on Saturday:confused: , and run'em on Monday...:D

The forecast appears to be getting better. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thursday Clear
Friday Partly Cloudy
Saturday 20% chance of precipitation
Sunday Rain 30% chance of precipitation

Jeff

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back