Norwalk 2023 Weather (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Sure, Only 45 miles or so from Norwalk in CLE and decide to attend Summit Raceway Parks race on Friday. Have'nt been since 2017 or '18 and it does not look good weather wise.Going to be sketchy all all weekend and really hope all the Bader's hard work does not go for naught! Hope then weather channel is wrong!

Arrived at NRP or Summit Raceway Park whatever you prefer at about 10:00am. Started misting soon after. Stopped and started, went into the track about 11am and rode my little skooter over to east side of the track. Noticeably light crown. Rode around the pits - not alot going on. Mist and very light rain come and go. Some stockers ran and even AF/FC made first qualifying runs, and then the rain came about 4:30 and pretty much I figured they will be lucky to get Friday in the books. Forcast said rain would stop about 7:15 and track drying would be 1 - 2 hours. I left about 6pm. Racing resumed with AA/FC at about 9pm with some stellar runs from the last few pairs. AA/TF same thing - the hitters made some great passes according to Summit Racing Race Results.Leah low in Tf with a 3.68 and Capps low in FC with 3:89! Kudos to The Norwalk Track people and NHRA in pulling it off today!

Was watching a moist Norwalk yesterday from the UK but needed some sleep, so figured I'd try this morning to see what transpired. I did hear there was indeed some Top Fuel action. Is it me, but I think I am watching Thursday's action, under the NHRA banner for supposed Friday action !

So glad they got the whole race in. I haven’t been able to go there the past 5 years but did all of them till then. This is a great track with the best show. Couldn’t tell the crowds from tv but didn’t look like the shoulder to shoulder I remember.

So glad they got the whole race in. I haven’t been able to go there the past 5 years but did all of them till then. This is a great track with the best show. Couldn’t tell the crowds from tv but didn’t look like the shoulder to shoulder I remember.
I was expecting the stands to be completely full Saturday, after the weather on Friday. They weren’t, but I’m sure they were still happy with the turnout. The parking lots looked full. The expected weather for Sunday afternoon probably didn’t help attendance.

Glad they got it it in. Was there Friday and with lousy weather it looked sort of "low crowd". Hard to tell on TV how full the stands were on Saturday and Sunday but they do hold alot of folks.

Nice job NRP!

Glad they got it it in. Was there Friday and with lousy weather it looked sort of "low crowd". Hard to tell on TV how full the stands were on Saturday and Sunday but they do hold alot of folks.

Nice job NRP!
Sunday was lighter than usual for Norwalk. I was surprised how much room we had in the stands. I imagine the pending weather for late in the day scared some people away.

Was watching a moist Norwalk yesterday from the UK but needed some sleep, so figured I'd try this morning to see what transpired. I did hear there was indeed some Top Fuel action. Is it me, but I think I am watching Thursday's action, under the NHRA banner for supposed Friday action !
I had the same problem when I tried to watch a few hours after it ended ......................

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back