National Time Trials Weather (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Weather.com is predicting highs in the mid 60's and a 30% to 40% of showers all three days. We have been seeing lows in the mid 30's at our home in Tempe - lows out in the desert at Firebird are probably below the freezing mark. I've heard great reports from local racers about the new Firebird surface, but if there is a cloud cover, we're going to see very low track temps.
Should be a very interesting weekend, hope to see some Maters! I'll be parked in front of the boat stands - Silver Caddy SRX.

I'm going to pass on this weekend. Had planned on making the initial shake down runs on my funny car but it will have to wait 'til things clear up. Looks like it's going to be crummy in Vegas too.

The last time it was raining outside my house, before heading to Fireturd, was the day that Hight ran that 4.63, Tony P made his record setting pass, Tony Shoe made the fourth quickest Top Fuel pass in the history, and Hot Rod Fuller ran his career best ET and speed; thankfully, I went anyways. Unfortunately, if you aren't local, you have a lot more to lose if the weather doesn't cooperate.

What about monday? I know some of the teams usually hang around to make some more passes. Can anyone show up to watch or do you have to be a team member?

I don't think the Monday session is open to the public, but I'll check this afternoon, assuming Continental gets me there. They have changed the gate three times already.

Weather Underground starts showing a low probability of rain Saturday afternoon, then it jumps to 70 percent around 9 pm and stays there all day Sunday. Monday is supposed to be dry again.

Local TV forecast called for rain stopping tonight, no mention of rain Sunday, just strong winds. Cross your fingers.

I'm sticking to my original decision to stay parked this weekend, but hope the best for all that are attempting to make runs.

The PSCA event in Vegas this weekend has already been canceled, or at least postponed to a later date.

The PSCA event in Vegas this weekend has already been canceled, or at least postponed to a later date.

Dammit Tom Burgess came to Vegas for this event and had me talked most of the way into going with him instead of making a run for Fireturd. Now it looks like I will get NO racing this weekend as the forecast looks too dicey for me to drive from Vegas to Chandler and they have already cancelled the PSCA event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back