More Rain ?? (1 Viewer)

JB3

Nitro Member
I know they are drying the track now ... but I would say it is all for nothing with a massive area of rain making a direct bead for the area. I feel bad for the Allstars, especially the Top Sportsman / Dragster guys who towed to Chicago just for the Allstar event. Remember, they are not a regular eliminator at the actual Nationals.

Local Interactive Weather Map for Joliet, IL - weather.com

Yeah... I'm sitting in my hotel right now and normally I'd be on my way to the track. It does not look good 'till way late afternoon.

I just woke up. I see a bunch of green stuff heading towards the track. I am in no hurry to get to the track after the marathon of a day yesterday.

It's raining in Yorkville, about 35 miles west. We were like drowned rats yesterday at the race. We finally left at 6:00pm figuring they wouldn't pull it off. Fortunately, the got a round of qualifying in.

It should be okay later this afternoon....there is an opening at about 3:30

It's 9:20 pm and more rain. Also, we have tornado warnings for LaSalle County where a funnel cloud was sighted about 30 minutes ago.

Report from National Weather Service

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED AN

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...
LA SALLE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS...
GRUNDY COUNTY IN NORTHEAST ILLINOIS...
EXTREME WEST CENTRAL KENDALL COUNTY IN NORTHEAST ILLINOIS...
EXTREME WEST CENTRAL WILL COUNTY IN NORTHEAST ILLINOIS...

* UNTIL MIDNIGHT CDT...

* AT 903 PM CDT...THE THUNDERSTORMS HAVE PRODUCED PERIODS OF HEAVY
RAIN. THIS RAIN COULD RESULT IN LOCAL FLOODING OF SOME ROADS...
SMALL STREAMS AND LOW LYING AREAS. THE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE MOVING
INTO WILL COUNTY AND KENDALL COUNTY ILLINOIS.
:confused:

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 59. North northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. North northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Sounds like the parking lots will be a mud pit. It was bad both today and yesterday. I am hoping we are rain free tomorrow as I am bringing my youngest son to his first race.

once the morning storm past yesterday, it was fine. Had a good day, got fair amounts of sun (Lynn's shoulder and mainly my stinkin' thinning head!). We did get some heavy rain late last night.
Paul, I hope you and your youngest have a good day.

Raining in Chi-Town right now.... So much for watching finals on TV today....:eek:

Yeah, started raining about 4 eastern... pro round two done... not much in a tv mood... listening to the 'hold' music on the cast... AR is saying a couple of hours to press and dry, once it stops.... then pro semis first....

d'kid

Yeah, started raining about 4 eastern... pro round two done... not much in a tv mood... listening to the 'hold' music on the cast... AR is saying a couple of hours to press and dry, once it stops.... then pro semis first....

d'kid

the broadcast is on ESPN 2 NOW and we are 1/2 way into FC round one... so, not quite sure what we're gonna see for the last hour of the broadcast...

Maybe they can talk about how it's raining "CATS" and dogs.. BRING BACK THE CAT DRAGS!!!:cool:

"Big Alan" just said Sun's out ... About 45 minutes or so, mostly up on the big end... 6:15 to 6:30 eastern....

Uh oh, Leo announced a severe thunderstorm warning, I don't think ESPN will show finals, they gonna get bumped by College Softball, because all other "live" sports get carte blanche over NHRA :Blues:

TV just said 11PM at sign off.... looks like you could go boogie boarding on the top end....

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back