Way to go Hillary (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Good to see Hillary going rounds. It seems she has been doing her homework on the tree & getting better reaction times.

Unfortunately, I feel that Semi Final round was THE race for the Rookie of the Year Title. She really needed to stop that kid, he was driving the wheels off of his car!

Being that she is part of the Kalitta team (1/2), and is somewhat a protege of Shirley Muldowney, it would have been nice to see a rendition of the "Shirley" 1980 car used in the Heart Like a Wheel Movie on Hillary's car for the DVD release!!!

Being that she is part of the Kalitta team (1/2), and is somewhat a protege of Shirley Muldowney, it would have been nice to see a rendition of the "Shirley" 1980 car used in the Heart Like a Wheel Movie on Hillary's car for the DVD release!!!
Great idea Roy... You should be PR Roy!!
There is still plenty of racing left for Hill to get co-rookie...
J.R. is doing a fantastic job though... Anyone remember how many races he ran with Litton in IHRA??? Kid is the total package... Way to go J.R. Come on Hillary, you CAN do this...:D

Yeah - just like I tell Hill & her crew....paitence; it will come. Her crew chief Jim's last victory was in Austrailia last Christmas... so they're way overdue.

Yeah - just like I tell Hill & her crew....paitence; it will come. Her crew chief Jim's last victory was in Austrailia last Christmas... so they're way overdue.

Yes Scott did win in Australia but Glenn Mikres was running the Santo car that Scott was driving. Jim O was running Grubnics car & they were runner up. But you are right Jim O is way overdue!

Last edited:
Correct-o-mundo once again, Teri !! I almost feel sorry for those folks in whatever town she does get that first win in.... because there's going to be one rowdy, hellacious, KB-fed, Kallita-fied, certified CRAzzzzy party !!!!!!!
A few beer stores might go out of business after that one!!!

Correct-o-mundo once again, Teri !! I almost feel sorry for those folks in whatever town she does get that first win in.... because there's going to be one rowdy, hellacious, KB-fed, Kallita-fied, certified CRAzzzzy party !!!!!!!
A few beer stores might go out of business after that one!!!

Hopefully that first win is not to far off!!:D I will have my fingers crossed on race day!!!!!!

Is there a hidden agenda on this thread against JR Todd?

I am a little confused with this thread and if I'm reading into it please tell me but I don't really think I am. You have folks saying, "she really needed to beat him in the semis" or "i have to give him credit, he can pedal a race car". How about giving him credit for being the total package, the guy can wrench the car if needed, he's well spoken, and last but not least handle the car as good as any of the drivers out there. I have nothing against Hillary but you folks are setting yourself up for a letdown becuase I don't see her winning Rookie of the year. Now if they (NHRA) lets the fans decide she will be handed the rookie of the year at the next race. I don't see it happening unless she wins four of the next 8 races. I predict JR and Jimmy will get at least 2 more wins and make it into the top ten in points before the end of the year.

I am a little confused with this thread and if I'm reading into it please tell me but I don't really think I am. You have folks saying, "she really needed to beat him in the semis" or "i have to give him credit, he can pedal a race car". How about giving him credit for being the total package, the guy can wrench the car if needed, he's well spoken, and last but not least handle the car as good as any of the drivers out there. I have nothing against Hillary but you folks are setting yourself up for a letdown becuase I don't see her winning Rookie of the year. Now if they (NHRA) lets the fans decide she will be handed the rookie of the year at the next race. I don't see it happening unless she wins four of the next 8 races. I predict JR and Jimmy will get at least 2 more wins and make it into the top ten in points before the end of the year.

I think this thread was really just for people to say "Good Job Hillary", I don't think it was to take anything away from JR Todd's win or how great he has been doing. We are just giving Hillary a pat on the back for her good weekend & hopefully her first win soon!

I think this thread was really just for people to say "Good Job Hillary", I don't think it was to take anything away from JR Todd's win or how great he has been doing. We are just giving Hillary a pat on the back for her good weekend & hopefully her first win soon!

That's what the original intent was.If it went sideways somewhere it was not to derail J.R.Todd

Holy cryminee; Let's be honest here. I make no excuses about being a Hillary-Kalitta fan. How in the world could I have a leg to stand on as far as holding a case against JR? Fact is, he's whooped her butt a few times now - not to mention winning MY very own hometown event - right here in beautiful Denver Colorado!
I applaude JR & his team; they've been spectacular here in thier first year. I guess no rookie is truly proven until that 1st Wally.......... and JR Todd already has his!

I didn't mean to sidetrack this thread, I DID think Hillary had a good weekend! I just brought up JR cause they(The 2 rookies) had a great side by side run is all.

No, I'm the culprit, and what I meant was that race was pretty much a turning point. She really needed to win that round against JR to advance to her first final round, and also stop him from going to another final. Had she won that round and won the final things might be on a little more even keel right now. At this point, I would say JR has a lock on the ROTY title. However as they say, it ain't over till it's over.

Both are really great for this sport, but I have to say, JR is impressive, he can definitely pedal a car.

Anyways, sorry to derail, Congrats to Hillary on a great weekend. I sure hope she wins one soon.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back