Watching ESPN Classic right now.... (1 Viewer)

marlin

Nitro Member
US Nationals from Indy..Still hard to believe Darrell Russell is not with us..He was a class act all the way...

US Nationals from Indy..Still hard to believe Darrell Russell is not with us..He was a class act all the way...

Your right Doug, he was. I saw his brother and I believe his dad also this past weekend testing at HRP. Chris his brother is the new crew chief on Darvin Martinets TAD. They are going to run Div 4 with it this year. I saw them make a couple of passes Sat at HRP. First one they shook and shut off after a little ways, 2nd pass it hooked good and he clicked it between 1/8th and 1000 ft and still went 6.33 I believe. The last pass I saw them make it looked alot lean and ran the whole way but only a 6.50 if I remember correctly.

Thanks Justin..

I appreciate the update ..iGlad to see they are doing well.It was just so cool to see Darrell, the beaming smile , always seemed upbeat. He like those before will never be forgotten ..I still have a T-shirt I purchased from Chris, never worn it, never will...

What Surprises Me Is To See How Few Of The 1995 Denver Funny Car Driver That Are Still Racing (3) And Of Them Whit Moved On To T/f. Nearly The Same Thing In Top Fuel.

What Surprises Me Is To See How Few Of The 1995 Denver Funny Car Driver That Are Still Racing (3) And Of Them Whit Moved On To T/f. Nearly The Same Thing In Top Fuel.

Not very many of those pro stockers still around either.

In all forms of racing you'll see a big turnover in a 10 year period. I was recently watching the 1995 Goody's 500 from Bristol (race where Earnhardt spun T. Labonte accross the finish line) and I was amazed at how few of those drivers were still around.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back