Darrell Russell (1 Viewer)

Four years ago today, it's hard to believe. It seems like yesterday he and I were sitting down to eat lunch at one of his favorite restaurants, Goodson's. Darrell always had time for his friends and family and treated fans like they had known each other for years.

Rest In Peace my friend.

I believe this September is Darrell's 40th birthday was well. Wonder how many championship's he would've had by now? I think more than one. RIP Darrell

Hey Steve, How are you, What a nice Thought on a great Champion.He is still in my heart everyday.Ill never for get as they say back in the day!!!!!!!

Thanks Wayne'o

Hey Steve, How are you, What a nice Thought on a great Champion.He is still in my heart everyday.Ill never for get as they say back in the day!!!!!!!

Thanks Wayne'o

Welcome to the Mater Wayne.

It really is hard to believe that it has been 4 years. With Darrell, Eric and now Scott it is getting pretty tough these days....

RIP Darrell.

We will never forget...........
this is a good day to revisit "RussellMania"
darrellrussell.com

Uncle Bob

We're losing too many young drivers.
Wasn't Scott Kalitta in the other lane when Darrell was killed?

I REALLY would love not to be an NHRA critic! BUT!

Because the New Jersey State Poice are investigating our Scott's tragedy (NJ being, by far, the strictect regulator of motorsports activities in the US) NHRA has appeared VERY candid in publishing their findings on the event, so-far, wheras , as many, for many months, have pointed out, we're still waiting for a complete Russell overview of how we lost him, sad as it may be.

Hi Wayne,
Long time no see. Kathy and I are adjusting well to the Southwest. Had to re-jet the cats though. Hope to see everyone in Denver. Current plan is to be there Friday morning which reminds me, I have to call Jim this week...Later

Steve

We're losing too many young drivers.
Wasn't Scott Kalitta in the other lane when Darrell was killed?

Amen to that, Larry. And yes, it was Scott in the other lane when we lost Darrell. TJ hit the nail on the head during the Norwalk qualifying telecast when he said he was getting tired of putting tribute stickers on his race car.

I remember it like it happened yesterday. I was at sea aboard USS CARL VINSON watching the telecast in the office prior to putting my headset on to go to work for the night. I was in a great mood and was looking forward to a good night of working and separating aircraft. When I learned Darrell had passed my mood soured and it became extremely difficult to do my job, but somehow I got through it.

Rest in peace Darrell & please say hi to Scott & Eric & Blaine & Elmer & all the rest of our fallen heroes for us...

Hello steve
Glad you guys are doing good.The cats half to be a little leaner LOL! I wont be in denver as we are going to finland to race with Urs Erbacher.The team will come back over to the U.S. for pomona and vegas for the last two.He wants to defend his championship over there.Talk to Jim about denver.I sure miss DARRELL Thanks for remembering all what he did!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Wayne, how's your Dad doing these day?

Sure miss him at the Reunion.

Last edited:
i sat and cried my eyes out that day!!! just like last saturday! my heart goes out to the russell family in their battle with the non-profit co from cali!!

There is no "battle with the non-profit co from cali" from the Russell family.

You must me thinking of someone else.....

Thanks to all who continue to remember my brother in a positive light! He was a great racer and a better person.

God bless Scott Kalitta and his family in their time of need....he has plenty of friends to hang out with.

Chris

There is no "battle with the non-profit co from cali" from the Russell family.

You must me thinking of someone else.....

Thanks to all who continue to remember my brother in a positive light! He was a great racer and a better person.

God bless Scott Kalitta and his family in their time of need....he has plenty of friends to hang out with.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I still think about your brother all the time.

I hope you and your family are all doing well.

Cheers,

Paul

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back