Darrell Russell book (1 Viewer)

Rob

Nitro Member
Hey everyone,

At great long last, my book on Darrell Russell, entitled Darrell Russell: Broad Smiles, Quarter-Miles, is finished and available for purchase exclusively at JEGS.com. Here is a direct link -- JEGS High Performance - Your source for Edelbrock MSD Holley Mr. Gasket Moroso

It's been a long, grueling process to get this thing published and I hope everyone that buys a copy enjoys reading it and learning more about Darrell. I ended up publishing it myself (what a learning process that was) because I wanted to give 100-percent of the proceeds to charity. There wasn't a publisher out there that was hip to that idea. This book just wasn't about making money for me; it was about putting into words the kind of person Darrell was to me, his family, his wife, and everyone that ever knew him, including his legion of fans.

Please know that if you buy the book, all monies will be going to DRAW, the Drag Racing Association of Women, in Darrell's name. I plan on giving them one big check at some point, hopefully in the near future if sales go well. The women of DRAW are awesome and they were such a comfort to everyone after Darrell's death.

Ultimately, I would love it if someone picked this book up 20 years from now, read it, and thought to themselves that Darrell really must have been a special guy. If that happens even once, I've accomplished my goals.

Thanks to everyone for their help,
Rob Geiger

Awesome Scoop.
Look forward to flipping through those pages. :cool:

BTW - It was nice to meet you in Bristol and talk to you.

DLB

Awwwww Rob.....that is so awesome! I'm sure it was bittersweet for you. Can't wait to get a copy!

And yes, he was very special! I make sure and tell anybody that doesn't know the sport that when I bring him up.

Jeez... Direct copy from Jegs.com

Subtotal: $24.95 :)
Handling Charge: $11.99 :confused:
Delivery Area Surcharge: $2.25 :rolleyes:
Total Before Shipping and Tax: $39.19 :eek:

I do look forward to reading it though.

Last edited:
Bs that you can only purchase it thru the Jegs site, I`m going to stop at their display in Vegas and see if maybe they`ve got any on hand. If not, I`m sure I`ll pay the $40 at some point, but that is absolute robbery!

I thought it was hilarious how much air was in the box... They sent it in a FedEx box that was probably 70% air... They stuffed it with air bags and it was still mostly empty...

CJ Curtsinger

It'll be part of my regular weekly Jeg's order on Monday. Guys, the handling charge is per order (not per item), so you are better off ordering all your racing goodies at one time . . . then there is not so much air in the box.

Yeah, how about that. I'm glad that guy liked it!

The book will not be available onsite at any races. Sorry folks. It's out of my hands. But as stated above, if you order a bunch of stuff from Jegs.com it offsets the cost of shipping. I wish things were different but I do think you'll like the book.

Rob

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back