Warren's car (1 Viewer)

Well, this looks like he's formulating a plan........
Taken Thursday.

Alan

Attachments

• WJ Toyota.jpg
    WJ Toyota.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 82
Ed did make the slowest pass that WJ's ride made all weekend. Maybe a bit more to this than stab and steer :)

It was cool to see the legends and overall the concept was interesting and well executed, but watching those cars "launch" was painful. Kind of sad to realize how many other legends we've lost.

I remember Warren saying once that those early Pro Stocks were really on the ragged edge, and when they showed his Hurst Olds run (what a classic piece of footage!) you could really see it.

So maybe they do this at three more races, and then at Pomona 2 the winners run off for a championship :D

I honestly got the sense that most of the others weren't really trying all that hard.

The Professor obviously showed up with the intention of winning. Now, if the car's "inspection" was just a show for the TV camera? Who knows.

If he's anything like my late uncle, it didn't matter. Racing, poker, Monopoly, hell, old maid. It didn't make a difference. He was out for blood.

Nice to know Shirley and Rahn are still amicable.

Also, did I hear right? Larry Morgan is supplying P/S motorcycle motors?

one trick to getting full throttle on an EFI car is to drill open the mounting holes on the TPS sensor and you get some adjustment there. Now, at least on my Dodge, if you tap on the TPS in CC direction with say a screwdriver handle or just grab the housing and twist it you can get it to move a little and open the throttle faster(or wider)....depends on how tight the mount is but there should be some room between the holes and the screws so the factory can fine tune it.

Or......WJ is just the best doorslammer guy of the bunch....

I honestly got the sense that most of the others weren't really trying all that hard.

The Professor obviously showed up with the intention of winning. Now, if the car's "inspection" was just a show for the TV camera? Who knows.

If he's anything like my late uncle, it didn't matter. Racing, poker, Monopoly, hell, old maid. It didn't make a difference. He was out for blood.

Nice to know Shirley and Rahn are still amicable.

Also, did I hear right? Larry Morgan is supplying P/S motorcycle motors?
Has been for sometime now.

It was one of very few events that he was amicable for the interview, well as amicable as WJ can be.

I walked up to his trailer in Indy one year on a Sunday, no one else around, he invited me in and talked to me like we were old friends. I had some old pictures of his car from the previous season in my backpack. I showed them to him he signed them and told me about them. It was a great 15 minutes.
I was actually a little nervous because he has that sign that kinda says stay away do not bother me.

Why is everyone so astonished that a life long engine builder/car tuner beat 6 nitro people and a bike guy in a stock car. Who's to say if a Toyota dealer mechanic whispered into WJ's ear about an "easter egg" built into the ECU and accessible by a certain sequence of button pushing on the dash. The Japanese motorcycle companies in the late 90's and early 2000's built all kinds of racer features into their ECUs that were accessible by grounding certain pins on the ECU. Also, there are only another two or three thousand bracket hitters around the country that could make that thing run low 14's with only a screw driver and a tire pressure gauge.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so astonished that a life long engine builder/car tuner beat 6 nitro people and a bike guy in a stock car. Who's to say if a Toyota dealer mechanic whispered into WJ's ear about an "easter egg" built into the ECU and accessible by a certain sequence of button pushing on the dash. The Japanese motorcycle companies in the late 90's and early 2000's built all kinds of racer features into their ECUs that were accessible by grounding certain pins on the ECU. Also, there are only another two or three thousand bracket hitters around the country that could make that thing run low 14's with only a screw driver and a tire pressure gauge.
I don't think very many of us were surprised. I assumed he was going to win as soon as they announced him. I got a kick out of watching the other sitting ducks waiting for their whooping, lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back