Warren's car (1 Viewer)

R.I.P. O.C.I.R.

Nitro Member
ok, lets start this discussion. what could Warren have done to his car to make it run away from all others? ....and not get caught by NHRA???

He is the Don Garlits of the naturally aspirated powerplant; if anyone knew which hose to block off/disconnect, it would be the Professor. And yup- tire pressure and bypassing TC puts him light years ahead of the bunch that came out for the television time...

if NHRA did this at all national events they could be onto something. different drivers at different events. we have jerry ruth up here and a couple guys named austin. the cars would be cheap to sponsor as you need a new body wrap and a gallon of gas. scelzi at sonoma? large father would do it again after getting whooped by shirley. is dave "nasty" benjamin still around? he would blow one up with a huge fire. that would be good entertainment. we could get ricky ruiz to throw the rods out of one!! eddie hill, lori johns, the list goes on for invites to it.

traction control fully off. if you push the button it is partially off, push and hold 10 seconds fully off. I think he was the only one to get a little spin off the line.

I wonder if they are going to auction these cars off or remove the wraps and just sell them as "abused"

Warren was careful to not line up in the groove. His car was probably the only one they checked, with a tape measure no less.

I agree with Ken. Noticed that Warren was getting tire spin off the line. I had to wonder if all the cars were not equal. Sometimes they come from the factory a little faster or a little slower, but the ET's were all over the place, so....

Were they allowed to tinker or tune on the cars, in order to get a little better performance? I realize the incentive to do so was very minimal, but it would require a minimum amount of time to improve the car. As crafty as WJ, it would not be surprising.

I'm betting he did some testing. Especially since he has an insane desire to win-and an inability to keep his mouth shut about how bad the drivers of fuel cars are.

I'm betting he did some testing. Especially since he has an insane desire to win-and an inability to keep his mouth shut about how bad the drivers of fuel cars are.
He did make some practice runs Thursday. He may have been the only one to do it. Ace did well also.

at first, i thought he would turn down the offer to be in it myself, but of all the drivers invited, i can see WJ showed up to win, not for tv time. he kinda had that look on his face he knew he was going to win. imagine that. the cars could be auctioned off. toyota gets paid for the cars and extra money given to drivers charity. safe bet they made deals to do this as ace's car had original sponsors on it. bud and valvoline not on kenny or joe's cars. and shirley was way ahead of the deal on what was going to be on her car. one thing we do know for sure. amato did not have his snoopy underwear on. if he did he would have beat WJ!!! :)

Uh the NHRA page has McCulloch listed as the winner https://www.nhra.com/results/2019/nhra-mello-yello-drag-racing-series/22976

One of the drivers said that there were talking of doing it again sometime this year. It was fun, I would have liked to see them in something a little sportier but whoever they get to sponsor it works.

3 second difference in the cars seems a bit crazy, but glad WJ won. If I was him I would have lift the hood then put a towel over the windshield washer fluid reservoir. lol

It may be that some of the drivers were just leaving the transmission in Drive and not manually shifting?

Uh the NHRA page has McCulloch listed as the winner https://www.nhra.com/results/2019/nhra-mello-yello-drag-racing-series/22976

One of the drivers said that there were talking of doing it again sometime this year. It was fun, I would have liked to see them in something a little sportier but whoever they get to sponsor it works.

3 second difference in the cars seems a bit crazy, but glad WJ won. If I was him I would have lift the hood then put a towel over the windshield washer fluid reservoir. lol

The NHRA listed winner of round 3 as WJ and then round 4 as Ace

I guess the winner is whoever is better at tug-of-war!
ace-wj.jpg

actually not much different than putting one of us in a PS, if we got it started and staged what would we run ??

PS shifting

Nitro mash it

WJ had the experience shifting and using the RPM to an advantage. He said in the interview when asked

in PS engine power is maxed out the DRIVER has to find small differences to find ET

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back