VHRA "parties" in May (1 Viewer)

No, I have problems with people who will PUBLICLY question the integrity of others without having good reason to do so, just as I criticized you for the other day. What? You got your butt kicked over there and think you can come after me now? That's an analytical thing and I'm surprised you don't get it. Do it in your mind all you want. When you say or write it for the world to see, I think you need to have correct reasons. Anything less is unfair. Otherwise, you can just say anything about anyone that you can imagine, whether it's based on anything or not. How can that not make sense?

This is what I go around and around with more people on than anything else. When there's more than one possible interpretation to someone's intentions, many people will automatically think they can jump to choosing one and publicly accusing the person of it, again, based on nothing more than their imagination. How about just treating people the way you'd want to be treated?

I've had a knack in my life for being in situations where things aren't what they appear to be in which I've had people jump to the wrong conclusions. I think the only way to avoid that happening is to not try and do anything in life.

Virgil started a thread to announce an event. He made a statement pertaining to information and, again, an example of it without naming names.

I did the same thing in the Lounge of this board recently. Someone on another board called me a racist (okay, they said I "spewed hatred for Mexicans, then denied calling me a racist...bullsh*t. All I did was copy the link about Absolut from the Lounge of this board to there.). There was a discussion about things going overboard and I drew from that example without naming the person, just like Virgil did here. I get to do that, just as Virgil does.
Let me answer it in a much shorter way. When it comes to publicly questioning peoples' integrity without having 100% proof/reason, yes, I do have a problem with it. It's something that adds up or doesn't. It isn't based in feeling.

It crosses the line from disagreeing over to disrespecting. When you publicly disrespect without having correct reasons, you demonstrate having bad intentions (what you're probably trying to say about whoever you're talking about). What you're trying to do to someone else is exactly what it does to you.
So when somebody posts their thoughts, beliefs or honest opinions, you decide if it's correct and reasonable or not right?

I've heard of the "thought police" but never ran into one, until now.

You should work for a marxist government.

So when somebody posts their thoughts, beliefs or honest opinions, you decide if it's correct and reasonable or not right?

I've heard of the "thought police" but never ran into one, until now.

You should work for a marxist government.

Now you're insulting me. What did I say already about people who can't win on substance who then take the personal route?

I'll repeat some of what I did on the "other" thread. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I'm as skeptical in my mind of people as anyone. Thinking it is one thing.

Read this carefully. When you post your "thoughts, beliefs or, honest opinions" as you say, in a negative way concerning someone's integrity (good name, etc), I think you also need to have and post your REASON(S) and that they need to be valid/correct. Again, otherwise, anyone can just say anything about anyone else. Do you not think there's something wrong with that? Can you figure out the difference between thinking and posting?

Hell Paul, maybe I just think you're a child molester. You don't see anything wrong with that? Some people probably think that's over the line even though I only used it as an example. You actually called me that sh*t in your post.

Disagree with someone's logic all you want by putting up what you think is better logic.

Last edited:
If someone looks at me and says "I have 100% good intentions" and there's something about their tone of voice, mannerisms, etc. that makes me THINK otherwise, fine. I can't publicly say otherwise without a valid reason.

I guess my thinking about that coincides with what our courts are supposed to be about. Innocent until proven guilty? What's wrong with expecting that people are publicly treated that way?

I care more about someone's good name than you slandering them without anyone saying anything about it.

Last edited:
There is really no reason for you guys to get so upset over this deal. It really is a problem on the internet that things can be said about a person that have no factual basis. I don't have a problem with the questions, disagreements and disbelief, unless outright lies are said. And there seems to be a lot of that going around, and the reason I don't post on many sites anymore.

To expound on what Shane questioned. Scott did not pay for my services to go out and run the quickest times I could or to win. He books all cars into his track to attract spectators, run acceptable times for the class of car and to put on a good show. Since everyone seems to remember and talk about that event at Cordova, I must have earned the money he paid me.

Now as far as Sasquatch goes, here is the story. My plastics business has gotten very busy over the past year. I also had several serious offers to go back to the big show as a tuner/crewchief/team manager. I decided late last year to go to none or one classic nitro funny car. Steve and I talked and we made arrangements for him to pick up Sasquatch's chassis w/rear end (which he owned) and the parts he was storing at my shop. I owned the body and the drive train in the car. Steve asked to buy the body, so we made a deal on that also. He picked up the parts stored here, and everything on his list was still on the shelf where he put them. There were other parts that he had left with other people (including a top fuel team he used to work for) that he had questions of their where abouts. These parts were never at my shop or in my possesion, and I had no knowledge of their current location. Some how the rumor started that I stole parts, used many parts without permission, and ruined some in a crash of one of my cars, with talk of law suits and bodily harm to me. All not true. When Jeff e-mailed me about the rumors (yes we communicate off line) Steve was in my office and helped form the reply.

Miss Scarlet was put up for sale but buyers wanted to pay 25% of the cost to build a car and want me to run it for them. Neither is going to happen so I will run her whenever I am in the mood. She is as good or better of a car than Sasquatch. The numbers have not been as good because I always had new drivers in her and set the car up accordingly. If you think you have a car that can outrun her, I welcome the challenge.

I have relationships with teams at all levels of drag racing and can join them at anytime to get my "fix" for the racing addiction. If I end up without a car of my own, and want to run a classic nitro funny car, I have many friends that I can help (remember I had seven cars in my shop last March that I was helping, and I only owned one). Most of the internet talk is only to hype the events and category. My advice is to not take most of what is said personally.

To expound on what Shane questioned. Scott did not pay for my services to go out and run the quickest times I could or to win.

Then a person who wanted to promote a series of events between our two cars made me an offer. He felt there would be more interest in these future events if I lost at Cordova and he compensated me for losing.

So what were you getting compensated for by the other promoter? I mean if you were not being paid to win why would you get compensation for losing???

BTW Thanks for lending Jeff some parts at that race so we could see the two cars line up against each other....

I told him he could be like the one other team that beat one of my cars and boast all over the internet that he was a success because of that single feat.

Ron, Just becuase Virgil didnt use a name doesnt mean I dont know who he is talking about....Matter of fact you knew when you read it who he was talking about (Even if you wont admit it).From his own words he says that "ONE" team.Meaning singular only one team..Most all of us Know that on that day Jeff Beat Virgil and made comments on the net about it.No matter how you try and twist it up 1 and 1 still equals 2.. ..Now I know you are friends with Virgil and were standing up for him..Thats the same thing I was doing for the nameless guy he mentioned...

Virgil is a smart man.. He made this post to try and get some hype for his event..(Which he is doing) ... I have nothing personally against Virgil... Hell he was extremly nice to my Son and sent him a bunch of signed Souvineers...

I Seen a comment made by virgil.. I responded.. He told me it was my problem..I questioned a few things he said and he has responded to them... It was a cival disagreement between us untill you came in.....

If you feel I am talking out my ass give me a call (I pmed you my number) and we can discuss this **** like grown men

And I PM'd you my number back and told you I'll have plenty of time to chat tomorrow. I can tell you now that nothing will change my view that you don't publicly question anyone's integrity without also stating the reason you have for doing so. If you can publicly say "I don't believe that" you can work the same fingers to say "and this is the reason why." I'll butt in to anyone doing that until they kick me off of here.

Thanks for suggesting that I'm doing that because I'm "friends" with Virgil. Another insult. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I will say that in the time I have been around him, I've never detected the slightest amount of deceiving anyone.

Do you really think Virgil was using the incident in an example BECAUSE he thought nobody here who's aware would see it? Just like I mentioned above, there's people who will reach for the most negative intention when there's more than one possibility. What a world we live in.

Last edited:
Ron i didnt mean that as a insult... But i'll give you a call tommorow.......

And I appreciate that. If someone questioned your honesty, Paul's, or anyone else's, I'd say the same thing. You're more than welcome to call but, I'm not going to tell you anything different on the phone than I would here or in person.

I learned a good rule several years ago. Have a reason for everything you believe.

The fun at Wilkesboro is tomorrow night. Everyone is invited to join in and have a good time.

I am only posting this reminder because I had already announced the event because Danny (owner of Wilkesboro) wants to expand it to a larger open show. Most of our events are not announced because of the type of posts that are attracted by such announcements, some examples above.

If you can't make it, I hope you enjoy yourself where ever you may be. :D :)

The "party" was held and everyone there enjoyed themselves a lot. No one seemed to boycot the event, none of the fuel funny cars were charged an entry fee nor turned away at the gate, teams worked well together with each other, the fans and the track personnel.

Dusty's display at the local Harley dealership during a motorcycle poker run was well attended and received. The crowd was good size for the track and the weather was perfect.

For those that need to keep score, Richard won twice with his '55, John and Dusty had one win each and Ray lost twice. None of the cars suffered any breakage with our usual change the oil, add fuel and adjust the clutch between rounds maintenance.

Congrats Virgil,

Having been to your parties before, I am sure a good time was had by everyone. :cool:

Thanks for the update,

Rapid

The "party" was held and everyone there enjoyed themselves a lot. No one seemed to boycot the event, none of the fuel funny cars were charged an entry fee nor turned away at the gate, teams worked well together with each other, the fans and the track personnel.

Dusty's display at the local Harley dealership during a motorcycle poker run was well attended and received. The crowd was good size for the track and the weather was perfect.

For those that need to keep score, Richard won twice with his '55, John and Dusty had one win each and Ray lost twice. None of the cars suffered any breakage with our usual change the oil, add fuel and adjust the clutch between rounds maintenance.

Looks like I may have to give Ray a hand to end the streak.

I thought you and your better 7/8ths were going to be there to do just that. :rolleyes:

Unfortunatly my daughter wanted to have my Grandsons First birthday party this past weekend. As much as I like you and Ray you guys come second to my buddy Luke :D I do have plans made for later in the year to be down that way and may make some others sooner if things work out. I have some ISSUES I need to finish that you probably heard about that need to be cleaned up. But I will get down there. Ill buy you and the wife dinner at the most perfect restaurant in the Smokies (Greenbrier) if you want to meet there :D

Brown

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back