VHRA "parties" in May (1 Viewer)

Treeshaker

Nitro Member
A few of the VHRA cars will be at Wilkesboro Raceway Park on May 10th and at Atlanta Dragway May 17th.

The headliners at Wilkesboro will be Miss Scarlet with John Smith driving, The Slab Town Hustler with Ray Murphy, TAZ out of Kansas City with Dusty Hunt and Richard Hartman's '55 Chevy, the Carolina Cruiser. Track owner Danny Dunn would like to make this an open event in the future, and is inviting any cars that are interested in open events to come out and show what they have to offer. Basically free test and tune and the inside track to future events at this track. Contact myself or Danny for information.

And since Danny crashed in my Runnin' Wild Mustang at this event 2 years ago, we are going to wait until the end of the event to let him take a ride in Miss Scarlet.

The same cars will be joining some Top Fuel Dragsters and fuel altereds running for ORSCA at their annual meet in Atlanta. This is an open event and everyone who runs 75% or more nitro is welcome. Cantact Ray Murphy or myself for information.

We are not paying our way in, or running for minimal purses, or giving out points, or trophies or Special Jackets so we do not want anyone to confuse these events with actual racing. We will just call them a special get together of friends all doing what they like to do and having fun while doing it, in other words, a party.

Virgil,

Get in touch with me with a mailing address. I have the video of your event at Reynolds last year I would like to send to you. Turned out better than you would have expected I think.

Eric Boyungs

Eric, I sent the information in a pm. Randy had told me that you were doing it, glad it got finished and I can't wait to see it.

Virgil,

It would seem that we could find SOMETHING else for Richard or John to do one of those days,,,then the Ol' Rapid would have to step in! ;) :D

Rapid

For anyone that might be wondering, Virgils "parties" are great fun. It is the perfect environment for a family get togethor. Hope these events turn out really well for everyone involved!

I received a call from a team owner that wanted to know what would happen if he ran his car at Wilkesboro and outran all the booked in cars. I told him he could be like the one other team that beat one of my cars and boast all over the internet that he was a success because of that single feat.

Seriously though, if you have a burr up your ___ or a point you want to prove, come out and fix the problem. Or just come out and have some fun running your car or hanging out with our group.

I told him he could be like the one other team that beat one of my cars and boast all over the internet that he was a success because of that single feat

U1-1189181653.gif

I dont know about all that other stuff but looks to me as if he was a success in beating on you on that weekend.... :)

Like I said, if you feel outrunning us makes your career, come on out and show us how it is done. I didn't have a problem losing that day, in fact my bank account liked it, and it won't bother me if someone else outruns us.

Now if you still aren't able to get your own car finished for whatever excuse you are using today, you can live your dreams and fantasies through others. Help them come out and show us how it's done.

And if someone wants to challenge me on a one on one basis, I would even put a "known" ride stealer in my car if I needed to meet the obligation. And please, no "one and done" cars or dreamers that don't show up need apply.

Like I said, if you feel outrunning us makes your career, come on out and show us how it is done.

Well Jeff has already done that..Honestly this happened two years ago. Jeff said on a message board you visit that he was gonna whoop ya. You said you was gonna whoop him.The day came and you got beat... So I would think he would get the bragging rights... So why would you come on here and take a stab at a guy who isnt even registered here two years later? You would have figured you would have been stand up enough to post this where he could see and respond to it... I guess hiding in the corners taking pot shots is your new mode of operation.

Will the sasquatch will be there and if not,why not??

Shane - I have/am not taking pot shots at any one. If you feel I am then that is your problem, not mine.

I know what the situation was then and I have never denied that we were out ran and I don't have a problem with it. I have explained the circumstances many times, and if you or anyone else can't accept the reason I gave, again it is your problem. And just to clarify, I never said I would "whoop Jeff" at the Cordova event. I refused publicly to run him there unless I was paid extra to stir up more interest in the event, which it did. Then a person who wanted to promote a series of events between our two cars made me an offer. He felt there would be more interest in these future events if I lost at Cordova and he compensated me for losing. After talking to Jeff at Cordova and seeing the lack of spare equipment he had, the man decided not to invest any more into the project. The only time I said I would "whoop Jeff" is for an event at Dallas Georgia that Jeff ended up not attending.

I have been a member of this board for a very long time, it is the first board I ever posted. I have the freedom of choice of where and to whom I communicate with. I do not post on any other boards currently and I seldom read any other board, by my choice. If you have a problem with that, again it is your problem and not mine.

I am being paid to bring four cars to the events, and by my choice, Sasquatch is not one of them. Basically, I am getting older and only care to run one car at this time, and I have chosen that car to be Miss Scarlet. Is that reason enough? Or do I need to address in further detail the stupid rumors that have floated around? I answered them directly to Mr Gaynor when he asked me about them.

Any thing else I need to answer for?

Virgil, Here we go again....
Shane - I have/am not taking pot shots at any one
I told him he could be like the one other team that beat one of my cars and boast all over the internet that he was a success because of that single feat.

Is that not a shot at Jeff? Or did I just misread it?

I refused publicly to run him there unless I was paid extra to stir up more interest in the event, which it did.

I went back and searched for that post and You are correct and I apologize...

Then a person who wanted to promote a series of events between our two cars made me an offer. He felt there would be more interest in these future events if I lost at Cordova and he compensated me for losing.

You honestly expect me to believe that? Your telling me Scott Gardner paid you to run at his event and you didnt perform to the best of your abilities (within reason) on purpose?.. Yeah your right I have a problem with that but I am willing to bet I am not alone on this one..

I have been a member of this board for a very long time, it is the first board I ever posted. I have the freedom of choice of where and to whom I communicate with. I do not post on any other boards currently and I seldom read any other board, by my choice. If you have a problem with that, again it is your problem and not mine.

I never said I had a problem with you posting here.. My problem was the fact you took at a stab at a guy who doesnt even come to these boards... And Yes I do have a problem with that.....

Or do I need to address in further detail the stupid rumors that have floated around?

I guess if it makes you feel better you can call it a rumor and spin it any way you like.It is your personal buisness not mine... But the fact remians the best car in your stable wont be there and that to me is a little wierd..Again I understand this is My problem ..

I guess we will have to agree to disagree......

It was not a shot at any one, it was a statement saying what was done in the past and the guy could do the same if he had the same results, i.e. beat us on the track. No names by me, no shot, so it shouldn't be a problem where I post.

I have never said or insinuated that Scott paid me extra. Another example of assumptions being made because of lack of knowledge of the situation. There are many potential sponsors, promoters and future team owners that attend events without disclosing their identity or motives while talking to current participants/promoters because they get more honest answers when they are unknown.

Sasquatch is a partnership, I own Miss Scarlet outright. Since I have always done most of the work, why wouldn't I run the car I own entirely if I am only going to run only one? My partner has always had the option of running Sasquatch on his own, but to this point has chosen not to.

I have never said or insinuated that Scott paid me extra

And neither did I.....

What I said was this

Your telling me Scott Gardner paid you to run at his event and you didnt perform to the best of your abilities (within reason) on purpose?..

What I was insinuating was Scott paid you to perform and you took extra money from someone else to not perform as well at Scotts event (Which is pretty shady if you ask me).... Which you have confirmed for me with the following statements you have made...

Then a person who wanted to promote a series of events between our two cars made me an offer. He felt there would be more interest in these future events if I lost at Cordova and he compensated me for losing.

I have never said or insinuated that Scott paid me extra.

And if someone wants to challenge me on a one on one basis, I would even put a "known" ride stealer in my car if I needed to meet the obligation. And please, no "one and done" cars or dreamers that don't show up need apply.

Well let me know if that happens. My wife and I were discussing making a trip to NC on the 9th thru 11th. But if Doubletalk is there I'll have to take a pass.

Shane, Virgil didn't name anyone. You did that. He just made a statement. I think the man has a different idea of how things should be done and people who don't seem to be able to defeat the man with reasoning have to go the personal route.

I know a little about that, myself.

Looks like you have problems with people who don't think or believe like you do.

No, I have problems with people who will PUBLICLY question the integrity of others without having good reason to do so, just as I criticized you for the other day. What? You got your butt kicked over there and think you can come after me now? That's an analytical thing and I'm surprised you don't get it. Do it in your mind all you want. When you say or write it for the world to see, I think you need to have correct reasons. Anything less is unfair. Otherwise, you can just say anything about anyone that you can imagine, whether it's based on anything or not. How can that not make sense?

This is what I go around and around with more people on than anything else. When there's more than one possible interpretation to someone's intentions, many people will automatically think they can jump to choosing one and publicly accusing the person of it, again, based on nothing more than their imagination. How about just treating people the way you'd want to be treated?

I've had a knack in my life for being in situations where things aren't what they appear to be in which I've had people jump to the wrong conclusions. I think the only way to avoid that happening is to not try and do anything in life.

Virgil started a thread to announce an event. He made a statement pertaining to information and, again, an example of it without naming names.

I did the same thing in the Lounge of this board recently. Someone on another board called me a racist (okay, they said I "spewed hatred for Mexicans, then denied calling me a racist...bullsh*t. All I did was copy the link about Absolut from the Lounge of this board to there.). There was a discussion about things going overboard and I drew from that example without naming the person, just like Virgil did here. I get to do that, just as Virgil does.

Last edited:
Looks like you have problems with people who don't think or believe like you do.

Let me answer it in a much shorter way. When it comes to publicly questioning peoples' integrity without having 100% proof/reason, yes, I do have a problem with it. It's something that adds up or doesn't. It isn't based in feeling.

It crosses the line from disagreeing over to disrespecting. When you publicly disrespect without having correct reasons, you demonstrate having bad intentions (what you're probably trying to say about whoever you're talking about). What you're trying to do to someone else is exactly what it does to you.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back