Veney Videos (1 Viewer)

Huge

Nitro Member
I saw in one of the other threads that the name Ken Veney came up, so since it is slow on here right now and there are not a lot of threads going I decided to look up a few you tube videos from his tractor pulling days after drag racing. If you were a Veney fan then you might like these.

Last edited:
Very cool. Never knew Veney was into tractor pulling. Thanks Eugene, take care of yourself hope to see you soon.

If 4 engines are good then 5 or 6 engines must be better. :) The Black Widow with 5 AJPE Chevys or the Sassy Massey with 6 engines.

Last edited:
I always thought he had the best looking Mini. Watched him pull over at Fort Recovery and got to chat with him a little bit. Said he missed the people he raced with, but that pulling definitely fit his and his wife's lifestyle much better at this stage of their lives. Cool guy to chat with.

Sean D

If 4 engines are good then 5 or 6 engines must be better. :) The Black Widow with 5 AJPE Chevys or the Sassy Massey with 6 engines.

The Banter boys had a 7-motor tractor back in the early '90's, but if I remember correctly, that was about the time they did away with the 9200# class. Don't know if they or anybody else got 8 of those monsters on a tractor or not.

Sean D

The Banter boys had a 7-motor tractor back in the early '90's, but if I remember correctly, that was about the time they did away with the 9200# class. Don't know if they or anybody else got 8 of those monsters on a tractor or not.

Sean D
I never saw their 7 engine tractor but if you run across any photos I would love to see them. I do remember their two 6 engine tractors they ran. Ralph Banter and Tim Engler made a lot of the parts and gear boxes for a lot of the pullers back then. I lived in Indiana back then and used to go to a lot of pulls when the Banter Bros, Tim Engler, Fred Freeman, Larry Richwine, Art Arfons,, and Bruce Hutcherson with the Makin Bacon Special tractor was pulling about every weekend. I moved to California in 1990 so that is probably why I never saw the 7 engine tractor. I sure do miss the NTPA Indy Super Pull that I went to every year inside of the coliseum at the Indiana State Fair Grounds. :)

Last edited:
I never saw their 7 engine tractor but if you run across any photos I would love to see them. I do remember their two 6 engine tractors they ran. Ralph Banter and Tim Engler made a lot of the parts and gear boxes for a lot of the pullers back then. I lived in Indiana back then and used to go to a lot of pulls when the Banter Bros, Tim Engler, Fred Freeman, Larry Richwine, Art Arfons,, and Bruce Hutcherson with the Makin Bacon Special tractor was pulling about every weekend. I moved to California in 1990 so that is probably why I never saw the 7 engine tractor. I sure do miss the NTPA Indy Super Pull that I went to every year inside of the coliseum at the Indiana State Fair Grounds. :)

Yeah, pulling was big around here back then and we also usually made the trip to Indy for the Super Pull. Whole different atmosphere inside that coliseum, that's for damn sure! Lol! Was always a big fan of the Banter's and Engler. Art's tractors were always entertaining to watch too. When I went to Ohio and ran into Veney, it had been years since I had been to a pull. Although it wasn't like it was in the '80's and '90's, it was still a great evening of pulling with beautiful weather and a lot of nice tractors. After running an altered for several years, I've kinda' got an itch to pilot one of those mini's...… Lol

Whereabouts did you live in Indiana?

Sean D

Yeah, pulling was big around here back then and we also usually made the trip to Indy for the Super Pull. Whole different atmosphere inside that coliseum, that's for damn sure! Lol! Was always a big fan of the Banter's and Engler. Art's tractors were always entertaining to watch too. When I went to Ohio and ran into Veney, it had been years since I had been to a pull. Although it wasn't like it was in the '80's and '90's, it was still a great evening of pulling with beautiful weather and a lot of nice tractors. After running an altered for several years, I've kinda' got an itch to pilot one of those mini's...… Lol

Whereabouts did you live in Indiana?

Sean D
Indy.

Last edited:
I stopped by Veney's shop back 18-20 yrs ago, I was in the neighborhood anyway Ken gave me a quick tour
and when he showed me one of those tractor pulling machines this one had 3 inline blown motors. I really
haven't seen too many but I had to ask.. so after u make a lap do u got like 3 bottom end guys all laying in a row
servicing each motor? He laughed so hard thought he was gonna fall over, but it was all I could think to say at the
time. really miss the older days (not too old ) racing even though it was just as hard we still had a lot of fun !! 😷

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back