First post (Till later today) (1 Viewer)

FC138fan

Nitro Member
Hi everyone, my name is Nick and I've been reading the threads here for several months. Finally I decided to register so I can add my two cents. I am pretty much just a fan of the NHRA (as I do not have the money or time to actually race). I currently run the late Al Hofmann website and you could probably say I am his number 1 fan (besides his family). Other then that, take my thoughts with a grain of salt because they are just my opinions and I can't say that I know everything about drag racing. Hope to hear from you in the threads somewhere!

From a fellow Minnesotan, welcome to the madness, Nick.

My wife's cousin lives in Cambridge, just east of 65 on Cty Rd 19. Where abouts are you? Did you grow up there?

Cambridge whereabouts - We live about 5 mins South of town. I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA until I graduated in 99. Then I moved out here to spend the summer with this girl I met on the internet (you can say I have tons of internet chatting expierence). Turns out I ended up marrying her in 2001, finished college at the University of MN, and now work in Andover, MN designing roads for Anoka County. Racing expierences: Been to the old Columbus (Pontiac Excitement Nats) event a few times, the IHRA world nats in Norwalk twice, a few old divisional races in Salem, OH (Quaker City), and of course Brainerd every year (except once) since 99.

You can visit [my site] the Al Hofmann racing site at:

The Official Al Hofmann Website

Turns out his son Wayne who worked on his car over Al's career is starting to get into the sport. You can see his site at:

Hofmann Racing

And finally, his girlfriend is going to a few races this year with a tribute setup and the original China Syndrome funny car. You can see her site at:

AL HOFMANN - FUNNY CAR DRAGRACING CHAMPION - OFFICIAL TRIBUTE SITE!

So there you can find the Al Hofmann news and info.

I love the quick replies on this site - gives me something to do on break time at work!

Cambridge whereabouts - We live about 5 mins South of town. I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA until I graduated in 99.

I was just thru Pittsburgh last week with my kids. We were on a east coast baseball trip and my son insisted we had to see a game at PNC Park. Turns out it was the best stadium of the 5 we attended.

Yes, been to PNC many times, once this year when I visited home. Heinz Field is nice too, and the Penguins are getting a new arena soon too. That area sorely needs a drag strip though. The nearest quarter mile track is still Salem OH I think, about 2 hours out. They have Pittsburgh Raceway Park, thats 1/8 mile I think though (never been there). Norwalk is a 4 hour drive I think, smiliar to Reading. It was also 4 hours to Columbus back in the day. I feel lucky to be only 2 hours from Brainerd.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back