New Engine Shop: Nick Ferri Racing (1 Viewer)

NGNBLDR

Nitro Member
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to be the first to clear the air and avoid unnecessary rumors by letting you all in on some breaking news.

About a week ago, after discussing options to change positions within the company, I ultimately decided to part ways amicably with Elite Performance and explore other options for my future that would better suit my family.

I spent some holiday time at home with my family in Denver, and almost immediately I began to get calls and offers from various places and I arrived at an opportunity to start my own company called Nick Ferri Racing.

I will be based in Salt Lake City, Utah out of a new facility being built by Jeff Isbell, a racer who has enjoyed some success in the NHRA sportsman ranks in the TAD and AFD classes, as well as others.

Jeff is building a race shop to include a speed parts retail center and hot rod shop and we decided my engine shop would be a perfect addition.

I will occupy about 2900 Square feet to start with and will be looking for engine development opportunities in every available venue from sportsman to professional whether it be drag race, road race, circle track or tractor pulling.

One thing I learned during my time at Elite was that the future of racing will certainly include a lot of electronic fuel injection and I have decided to work closely with Ben Strader and his team at EFI University to develop winning combinations of engine controls for as many of my packages as possible. I will be doing some of our testing and development at their dyno facility in Arizona to ensure we always have the most power available regardless of geography or altitude.

I’m excited for the future of Nick Ferri Racing and for what it means to have my family firmly behind me on this new adventure.

Lastly, I do want to wish Elite the best with all their future endeavors.

Kyle, Jake, Casey, Lump, Kendal and Brett were all great guys to work with, great teammates and even better friends.

Richard, Royce Lee, Robert, Mrs. Sharron, Royce Sr., Ms. Sally, Mrs. Lois and Michael Brotherton were all great to work with and all of them became like family to me.

I’m also grateful for the chance to work side by side with such amazing and talented crew chief’s and drivers such as Rick and Rickie Jones, Mark Ingersoll, and of course the one and only, Erica Enders. I’ll always cherish our time together.

Winning Championships with these people in 2014 and 2015 along with back to back K&N Horsepower Challenges are great memories and great accomplishments that I wouldn’t have wanted to happen with anyone else. I wish all the best for them moving forward.

Nick Ferri

Nick, I (and I am sure others) would love your thoughts on the new PS engine rule. Good luck on your new venture!

Why would he bother? He had 2 tries, once w/ Jeggie then w/ Elite w/ no success. Besides P/S will be all Chevy all the time.

Actually some of the lower budget Camaro guys have bought HEMI's to put in them. Expect to see some this year........
and as WJ said it is basically the same as a DRCE just need some funding to tweek it

Actually some of the lower budget Camaro guys have bought HEMI's to put in them. Expect to see some this year........
and as WJ said it is basically the same as a DRCE just need some funding to tweek it
Im telling you guys Frankenstien has a new set of heads and intake and said tests on dyno have been impressive. They say motor will be in someones car at Pomona. It will be interesting seeing Camaro powered by Hemi

HEMIS in Camaro's this will be interesting see the GM guys responses. IMO you will see more of this than DRCE in MOPARS, I can see Ford with DRCE's, just the car culture.

Welcome to Utah Nick .... it was nice meeting you at Jeffs office /shop a couple of Mondays ago.
One thing for sure ...... there's never a dull moment around this group of people ......love them all!
You'll fit in real nice and have some good times !

so the next question is what happens to Elite ie. Jeg/Erica. are they still gonna use Ferri's motors. From what I gathered, Mr. Ferri and elite parted ways amicably. Was Nick the main guy at elite or part of an ensemble ? there aren't that many competitive engine builders in pro stock and with the dust up with the grays last year and zero chance of hooking up with greg & Jason, there are not many options available. I remember years ago when Greg Anderson's main engine guy left, I thought he would be toast but he and KB didn't miss a beat despite the loss so, it will be interesting to see how freeman's team fair.

I’m also grateful for the chance to work side by side with such amazing and talented crew chief’s and drivers such as Rick and Rickie Jones, Mark Ingersoll, and of course the one and only, Erica Enders. I’ll always cherish our time together.

I found it interesting, and surprising, that Mr. Ferri didn't mention Jeg Coughlin in his post concerning his departure from Elite and his new venture. I hope there aren't any bad feelings.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back