Vegas1. No night qualifying? (1 Viewer)

golfer

Nitro Member
It looks like the last session starts at 4:30. I thought they run friday under the lights last year. What gives?

I could be wrong here , but I believe the NHRA is trying to keep the "climate and track conditions" consistent from day to day on qualifying . That way if you dont run well under the lights (cooler temps) you are not totally screwed , that way it will be closer to day to day conditions from session to session . I think the NHRA website had mentioned something about this a few weeks ago . I could be wrong though . I say 2 night sessions would make it easier than eliminating one .

Vegas2 last year, the second Friday qualifying session was scheduled for 4:30 as well. It didn't actually get underway until about 4:45. The sun is pretty low in the sky by that time during that time of year so there were still plenty of header flames to be seen. In April, it'll be different as I think the sun doesn't set until after 7:00, as opposed to about 5:45 in late October. It makes sense though what Corey said above here about track conditions.

I looked up friday's sessions on drag race central for vegas1 2007 and the second funny car session started at 7:24 followed by top fuel at 8:19. Anybody remember a delay? I was thinking about going, but i'd really like to see a evening session.

Thanks for the info. I joined this forum only minutes ago and already learning somthing. I like this place already.

Welcome Paul! You will come to find out that this is where you log in to find out all kinds of info FIRST! :)

I looked up friday's sessions on drag race central for vegas1 2007 and the second funny car session started at 7:24 followed by top fuel at 8:19. Anybody remember a delay? I was thinking about going, but i'd really like to see a evening session.

If I remember correctly ... lots of TAFC and TAD leakers. It was tedious during the day, but it made for a good night session for the pros.

If I remember correctly ... lots of TAFC and TAD leakers. It was tedious during the day, but it made for a good night session for the pros.

I'm pretty sure your correct. They have the schedule so tight that they will almost always run late in the spring. Looking at the schedule, they have the alotted one hour for the first session FC and TF. They usually have 45 cars so it is almost impossible to run then in one hour. They normally have about 45 ALky cars as well and they take just about as long to run. It seems alot of cars get stuck on the hill before the final turn off and it takes a minute or two to clear the top end. I did notice they scheduled the Alky cars to finish the racing on Friday which is a change from previous years.

One could also consider this their favorite "Night Life" spot on the tour for teams and fans alike. After traveling to lots of tracks around the US, it's probably really refreshing to make a stop where the action never sleeps.

Besides, if the new tire isn't out by then, cool temps & excellent track conditions could take us where we really don't want to go again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back