vegas friday - no night racing??? (1 Viewer)

nitrobobby

Nitro Member
anybody know why friday vegas qual has no "under the lights" racing?? in the last 5 years this has happened once before.

Last edited:
No clue here. However, I do know the sun sets just before 6pm so the sun will be plenty low in the sky when the nitro cars roll out around 4:30 so header flames should be somewhat visible.

anybody know why friday vegas qual has no "under the lights" racing?? in the last 5 years this has happened once before.

Good question, in years past the WoO guys have run the Bullring the same weekend. Doesn`t look like they`re out there that weekend this year.

Last edited:
The weather isn't usually too hot so the times should be good during the 2nd session. I actually like it since it is usually pretty late by the time you get out of the parking lot, stop and get something to eat and get back to the hotel. I may be able to do some gambling on Friday:D.

Check out the CRA Sprints and the western Miidgets Saturday night at the Dirt Track.Cruz Pedregon's Western midget team should be there with driver Brad sweet. Also listed on the LVMS dirt track web site is a match race with NHRA drivers. I think it's 25 bucks to get in if i remember right.

If you have never seen midgets or the CRA sprints on the dirt i say check it out.

When was the last time you saw a Nat'l event run perfectly on schedule? Fear not, there'll be header flames galore on Friday evening!

Last edited:
When is Daylight Savings???? What day do we "FALL BACK?" This may effect the "FLAMAGE!" for Friday Nights session!

I find this schedule change somewhat curious. I have thought that the HUGE crowds we have had on Fridays at Vegas recently can be attributable to the night time session. People can come out to the track without having to miss a whole day of work or even leave work very early on Friday under the old schedule. Now we have to count on delays to make it until dark. Maybe they did not want to pay for fireworks!?!?!

Unfortunately there are no alcohol cars running at the fall event so we cannot count on very many oil-downs to delay the show.

(I kid ... I kid)

remember that oct. 26 is "nevada day" -a state holiday- where nhra changed the schedule to accomodate the day off for many nevada residents-including my brother-in-law who works for clark county. this year there is only one week off before pomona -in the past its been two weeks -this is the result of nhra accomodating the locals for the nevada day state holiday

Last edited:
I just checked the Vegas paper, as of now the Sunset's at 6:12 PM

According to weather.com, the sunset for October 26 occurs at 5:51pm. So, assuming the 4:30 start time for the 2nd session is running a bit behind, I would further assume the session won't end until sometime after 6pm, meaning obvious flames.

remember that oct. 26 is "nevada day" -a state holiday- where nhra changed the schedule to accomodate the day off for many nevada residents-including my brother-in-law who works for clark county. this year there is only one week off before pomona -in the past its been two weeks -this is the result of nhra accomodating the locals for the nevada day state holiday

Vegas & Pomona are back to back

The Vegas date has always been the fourth weekend in October. The Pomona race was moved up a week.

I forgot all about Nevada Day (technically it is the 31st aka Halloween). They are observing it early this year. I find the scedule change as a result of Nevada Day somewhat dubious as the race is always the last weekend of October, which means Nevada Day would always be observed and no night sessions ever.

Nevada Day???

What are they celebrating...the trapezoid?

We are celebrting the right to split aces!!!

In all seriousness, Nevada became a state October 31, 1864. That is why it says "Battle Born" on our state flag ... not because there were any battles here, but because it was admitted at the height of the Civil War. The Union was rushing to get the western territories admitted lest they be tempted by the Confederacy.

We are celebrting the right to split aces!!!

In all seriousness, Nevada became a state October 31, 1864. That is why it says "Battle Born" on our state flag ... not because there were any battles here, but because it was admitted at the height of the Civil War. The Union was rushing to get the western territories admitted lest they be tempted by the Confederacy.

I feel a hell of a lot smarter now!! THX CHRIS!

I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD SPLIT "ACES!" ;)

I think the Dragsters GO 1st in Vegas. That'll give the FLOPPERS some DUSK TIME RACIN! Heck, no problem with no NIGHT TIME RACIN HERE!! GIVES ME MORE TIME OUT ON THE TOWN!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back