Vegas again (1 Viewer)

It is sobering to see a booming economy and corporate America's obvious belief that throwing $3 million at a top fuel car isn't a good ROI. Yet, a stick and ball guy who really hasn't won anything can lock down a $400 million "sponsorship."

Agreed....when Name stars are struggling to find Sponsorship in this economy? Doesn’t make this sport look Marketable to say the least!

Agreed....when Name stars are struggling to find Sponsorship in this economy? Doesn’t make this sport look Marketable to say the least!
I think the sport is very marketable Joe, but marketing itself has changed rapidly and significantly. So drag racing, like the rest of the world fighting for ad dollars, is having to adapt.

see the rumor mill post over on complus about the denso marketing lady.....thoughts?
http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/rumor-mill/rumor-mill-humiliating
the way i read it, it sounds like she was asked to leave the starting line area as matt and angie smith were making their runs; is this accurate?....in the past i have seen many folks on the starting line. are there new rules? crew only? liken this to jean paul standing behind his daughter watching the tequila car make a pass?

I wonder if her pass specifies access to the starting line area, or if it is a guest VIP pass for access to the racers’ hospitality area only.

I wonder if her pass specifies access to the starting line area, or if it is a guest VIP pass for access to the racers’ hospitality area only.
If I remember correctly, Joe Castello interviewed her on NHRA.TV in Vegas. It was in the area to the left of the starting line during the race. Not sure if that is considered starting line access or not.

If I remember correctly, Joe Castello interviewed her on NHRA.TV in Vegas. It was in the area to the left of the starting line during the race. Not sure if that is considered starting line access or not.

When I went to the Vegas race with Kalitta a few years ago, I was provided with two different credentials. One was the hospitality credential with the sticker for the sponsor viewing area, which gets you to the area near the starting line. The second is an NHRA starting line access credential that allows you to stand with the crew behind the car. 2DAB7189-421B-4F79-A94D-C643E765D34A.jpeg5F12D7CF-21CF-44A9-86E5-CC8DBECBC6E5.jpeg

see the rumor mill post over on complus about the denso marketing lady.....thoughts?
http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/rumor-mill/rumor-mill-humiliating
the way i read it, it sounds like she was asked to leave the starting line area as matt and angie smith were making their runs; is this accurate?....in the past i have seen many folks on the starting line. are there new rules? crew only? liken this to jean paul standing behind his daughter watching the tequila car make a pass?
Don

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back