Question about pro entries after the deadline. (1 Viewer)

ZWeinstein

Nitro Member
So I noticed last week there were 18 entries in Top Fuel for Vegas and when I checked today only 15 are entered. My question is say a west coast team decided Tuesday or Wednesday they have enough crew available this weekend and can have a their truck and trailer in Vegas by Thursday night will NHRA accept their entry to have a full field or is it a strict Monday 5pm deadline?

Deadline sticks. You let someone late and He or She takes out a championship contender isnt fair to the people who ran got in on time.

So I noticed last week there were 18 entries in Top Fuel for Vegas and when I checked today only 15 are entered. My question is say a west coast team decided Tuesday or Wednesday they have enough crew available this weekend and can have a their truck and trailer in Vegas by Thursday night will NHRA accept their entry to have a full field or is it a strict Monday 5pm deadline?
I'm pretty sure that's a hard deadline. At that point you've had months to a year to make a decision whether to commit to the event.

I also asked this question a while back. I still think that if you don't have 16 cars entered allowing a last-minute entry to fill the field or better yet 17 entries making it a must qualify situation would make for better racing.

Or if they bended the Monday rule and let them in, NHRA could stick it to them and park them waaaay far away in the mud Past the sportsman pits a half mile away or more. That would be terrible.

Or if they bended the Monday rule and let them in, NHRA could stick it to them and park them waaaay far away in the mud Past the sportsman pits a half mile away or more. That would be terrible.
Kids nowadays are spoiled! This picture was taken out of my 1976 Super Stock & Drag Illustrated Photo Great magazine.
Caption did not say what track the picture was taken at. Here you have the late "Flash Gordon" Mineo in the pits and playing
in the mud.
1666895664070.png

Kids nowadays are spoiled! This picture was taken out of my 1976 Super Stock & Drag Illustrated Photo Great magazine.
Caption did not say what track the picture was taken at. Here you have the late "Flash Gordon" Mineo in the pits and playing
in the mud.
View attachment 11589
Perhaps it was paved, but that's what it looked like after Ed McCulloch left.......

pretty nice system when the potential exists during playoffs to earn free elimination rounds

I believe in the pro classes they will take you. When Kalitta took Grubby out of the car after Friday qualifying he was able to put JR in it on Saturday. The entry goes with the driver as far as I know.

I believe in the pro classes they will take you. When Kalitta took Grubby out of the car after Friday qualifying he was able to put JR in it on Saturday. The entry goes with the driver as far as I know.
Entry goes to the car. Kensley replied CMac in Dallas.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back