USA Article about A.J. & Tony (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
The Indy pullout in today's USA Today is great. There is an article about Tony Shoe and Alan and the history of their relationship. It also states that A.J. is being persued by foreign investors to start a new deal, and he will be talking about his future plans this Saturday.

It was a great run with the Schumachers but if I were a betting man, I'd guess that Alan will be going his his own way next year. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear what his plans are.

I know this is premature but without the Army Team at the top, the top fuel race would be really interesting!!!!!!!

I know this is premature but without the Army Team at the top, the top fuel race would be really interesting!!!!!!!

Or it'll still be Alan Johnson way out in front. More of the same, just a different team. Maybe AJ should tune the entire field. That would be interesting.

The USA article has Rob Geiger's byline!

A 'mater finally makes it to the big time!

Good work, Rob! Now get back to work getting Doug Foley a 2-1/2 million dollar budget for next year!

-90% Jimmy

Last edited:
Wow, did you read the comment. Someone really doesn't like GS.

I thought the poster had nothing but praise for Scelzi :eek: I guess 'Cuda' forgot about that pedal fest effort against Joe Amato back in 97 at the Winters, but maybe that was just some 'mediocre' driving.

Oh, here is the post Jack is talking about

"Cuda wrote: 8/29/2008 7:22:39 AM
Not to take credit away from Tony, since he did save the bacon a few times this year by his reaction time, but Alan Johnson is the only reason for Tony's domination. Look at Sleezy who is nothing but hot air chicken $hit mediocre driver at best, and the only reason he is driving a Fuel car is because of Alan Johnson."

Wow!!!

I thought the poster had nothing but praise for Scelzi :eek: I guess 'Cuda' forgot about that pedal fest effort against Joe Amato back in 97 at the Winters, but maybe that was just some 'mediocre' driving.

Oh, here is the post Jack is talking about

"Cuda wrote: 8/29/2008 7:22:39 AM
Not to take credit away from Tony, since he did save the bacon a few times this year by his reaction time, but Alan Johnson is the only reason for Tony's domination. Look at Sleezy who is nothing but hot air chicken $hit mediocre driver at best, and the only reason he is driving a Fuel car is because of Alan Johnson."

Wow!!!
Id like to see that fool drive a fuel car..even better go tell that to Garys face!!!

Does anybody else see the irony in the story where Tony talks about what he said about Alan and Gary and how he was a stupid kid? Kinda seems like Tony has now been on both sides of this issue now with the Fuller bantering. Not saying Fuller is a stupid kid, I like that he's trying to stir the pot a bit. Just wonder if Tony remembers what he said and connects it with what Hot Rod is doing.

It was a great run with the Schumachers but if I were a betting man, I'd guess that Alan will be going his his own way next year. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear what his plans are.

wow.. if that is true, I wonder what the Don will do to replace Alan? Maybe he should look at bringing Hogan back to work with some of the FC guys for the rest of this year, so he could step in next year to tune for Tony.

oh .. wait .. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I always thought that Alan and Tony had a good relationship but from reading that article, I guess not. :confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back