Todays cool site (one day late..sorry) (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Hello 2007!
New Year's Eve is here, and for many of us, this is a time to look back over the past year. We think about our accomplishments and make plans to accomplish future goals.

But then there are those who like to have a wild time! There's no better place to do this than in New York City. Times Square is the heart of New Year's celebrations in the United States.

If you'll be in the city for New Year's, drop by the Times Square Web site. It has information about all the events and parties you can attend. I'm sure it will be a blast.

Then, tomorrow, you can head out to Coney Island for a Polar Bear swim. The Coney Island Polar Bear Club is the oldest polar bear club in the United States. You can join people from around the country and take a dip in the icy water.

But I'm assuming most of you won't be heading to New York City. That's okay. You can still catch the Times Square festivities via the Web. Just visit EarthCam. It has cameras set up throughout Times Square.

But no matter what you do, you must learn the lyrics to Auld Lang Syne to make your celebrations complete. Most people are familiar with the song, but don't know the words. It was written by Robbie Burns, Scotland's favorite poet. Visit the World Burns Club for the original lyrics and a standard English translation.

I hope you have a fantastic and safe time wherever you are tonight. But more than that, I wish you all the best in the coming year!

TO VISIT TODAY'S COOL SITES, GO HERE:
Times Square Alliance -- Times Square Alliance - Home
Coney Island Polar Bear Club -- Welcome to Coney Island Polar Bear Club
EarthCam -- Times Square Cam - EarthCam
World Burns Club -- The Robert Burns Federation

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back