US Nationals Aug/Sept 2012 (1 Viewer)

G76

Nitro Member
Hi All

I have a quick question and hope you all can help!

My hubbys birthday is on Friday and I want to buy him tickets to the Mac Tools US Nationals I now it's ages away but rather then buy him rubbish I thought he'd like this instead. We are from Australia and we are heading over in August and I wanted to surprise him with tickets. However, I don't know anything about which seats to pick and which day would be the best to go to? I want to get him the reserved tickets.

I would really appreciate your help - and sorry to drop in on your forums :)

Thanks in advance for anyhelp.

Wow, what an awesome gift!!

Personally, I would want to see at least one day of qualifying (Sat/Sun.) and eliminations (Mon.). Looking at the seating chart, my favorite seats would be in the DD through EE sections as those seats get you relatively close to the starting line, but far enough down track to see some speed as well. I hope this helps a little :)

Corey

EDIT: also, Friday and Saturday qualifying include a night (7pm) Nitro session.

Last edited:
First of all, you are a great wife, your husband is a lucky man.

Two things to keep in mind. The double letter grandstand side is where the Pro pits are (with the exception of PSB), but the sun is in your face for most of the afternoon. The single letter grandstand side (also the Top Eliminator Club side) keeps the sun out of your face later in the day, but involves a lot of walking to get to pro pits.

Either way, lots of sunscreen and comfortable shoes are a must. You can also bring non-alcoholic drinks in a cooler. I think that a cooler smaller than 14 inches is what's allowed.

And if you are only going one day, definitely go on Friday or Saturday for the later session, like Corey said.

Have fun, maybe we'll see you there!

You're welcome. Like Steve said, if only for one day, make it Saturday, as Friday only has one pro session. Nitro at night is awesome! :)

Saturday or Sunday have the Traxxas shootouts this year as well....so you get both the qualifying and the elimination atmosphere in the same day!

please, let me reiterate what steve said and i'm sure i speak for the majority
who post here..........you are a great wife and your husband is a lucky man
........and if i can add just a bit to the excellent advice
you've already received - indy this year has the traxxas big dollar races;
on sunday i think - it's a little vague, they've only announced they will show
on espn on the sunday qual. shows.

Saturday is my favorite day at Indy. 2 qualifying sessions, one at night. That Saturday night session is worth the price of admission all by itself. I agree with previous posters, sunscreen and comfortable shoes are a MUST. I would go on the Pro side (the double lettered seats) because it is less walking even though you hve to contend with the Sun. The ambiant temperatures at Indy are not usually that bad to make it unbearable. And you will be very glad you have those seats when the Sun goes down.

We usually have a meetup everyday at Indy ... make sure to check back here around the time of Indy so you guys can drop by and say "hi". Always good to meet new people.

MRS. C the tix are on sale now. just go to "NHRA.com" then click on schedual , then 2012 full throttle, then scroll down to the Indy race, click on tix.
Enjoy yer trip, and the race. :cool:

Unless you enjoy looking into the sun, I highly recommend the Westside stands! The suites overhead shade sec's A-D around 2 Pm and the heat in Indy gets brutal!

Thanks So much for all your input - Trust me, not best wife, the poor bugger still has to put up with the usual wife stuff :D
Yes I will def check back - it'll be great to meet new people especially locals :)

Also, if you are able too, several of the teams have Open Houses Thursday or Friday that week. I just moved to Brownsburg last year the day before the US Nationals and went to the Force and DSR Open Houses. Force's is a MUST see!

We usually have a meetup everyday at Indy ... make sure to check back here around the time of Indy so you guys can drop by and say "hi". Always good to meet new people.

After a two year absence, you will be there this year Chris, right? Right now, I plan on being there. Greggo too I think. Bring your umbrellas everyone.

Ginny, I'm the guy who brings the rain.

Hi All

I have a quick question and hope you all can help!

My hubbys birthday is on Friday and I want to buy him tickets to the Mac Tools US Nationals I now it's ages away but rather then buy him rubbish I thought he'd like this instead. We are from Australia and we are heading over in August and I wanted to surprise him with tickets. However, I don't know anything about which seats to pick and which day would be the best to go to? I want to get him the reserved tickets.

I would really appreciate your help - and sorry to drop in on your forums :)

Thanks in advance for anyhelp.

Ginny, drop in any time!! It is amazing how far fans will come to see a drag race. It is hard to imagine the cost of just getting to the U.S. from OZ and then to stay for weeks and do expensive stuff like attend a drag race is just over the top in my book. Welcome to the Mater.

After a two year absence, you will be there this year Chris, right? Right now, I plan on being there. Greggo too I think. Bring your umbrellas everyone.

Ginny, I'm the guy who brings the rain.

Right now I plan on being there. But the best laid plans ... You in for Vegas 1?

Last edited:
Ginny, drop in any time!! It is amazing how far fans will come to see a drag race. It is hard to imagine the cost of just getting to the U.S. from OZ and then to stay for weeks and do expensive stuff like attend a drag race is just over the top in my book. Welcome to the Mater.

We are a passionate lot us Aussies, we love our drag racing but its just theres not enough of it here. I added up my costs for a 3 week trip, just over 10k for 2 races, 3 days in Vegas and 2 days in hollywood, I could've spent less but I had the time of my life. I know one thing for sure, it wont be another 25 years before I come back. Actually I am planning for vegas 2 and pomona 2 this year if the planets align for me.

We are a passionate lot us Aussies, we love our drag racing but its just theres not enough of it here. I added up my costs for a 3 week trip, just over 10k for 2 races, 3 days in Vegas and 2 days in hollywood, I could've spent less but I had the time of my life. I know one thing for sure, it wont be another 25 years before I come back. Actually I am planning for vegas 2 and pomona 2 this year if the planets align for me.

Bing, it was great finally meeting you in Pomona! You did more in 2 weeks than I ever have, hope to see you stateside again Mate!

Suggesting. Section CC on Saturday qualifying. It's near the pro pits. Lots of walking involved at Indy. Stay on the east side of the track. (West is fine, just makes for a long day if you want to visit the pro pit.)

Right now I plan on being there. But the best laid plans ... You in for Vegas 1?

Unfortunately, no.:( Suzi and I are going to Mexico to an all-inclusive resort for nine days on April 20 so Vegas1 and Houston/Baytown are casualties of that. She wanted to do something besides Vegas for our anniversary. Can you believe she didn't want to go to Vegas? However, she sure is talking about missing Vegas a lot lately so who knows? If airfares weren't so outrageous, I could see us coming out for the weekend at the last minute.

Unfortunately, no.:( Suzi and I are going to Mexico to an all-inclusive resort for nine days on April 20 so Vegas1 and Houston/Baytown are casualties of that. She wanted to do something besides Vegas for our anniversary. Can you believe she didn't want to go to Vegas? However, she sure is talking about missing Vegas a lot lately so who knows? If airfares weren't so outrageous, I could see us coming out for the weekend at the last minute.

Damn Mark, sounds like a Blast! Just don't get robbed...lol:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back