Under The Lights Please. (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Just for thought, if the NHRA get's to run races at a track other than Indy, like Bristol. Run it under the lights. A friday/saturday night event. friday nitro at 7 and another at 9 or 10. Saturday first round at 6:00 or 7:00. Yes I know about tv schedule availability, time constraints and so on. Us folks in the South and those good Tennessee fans are very accustomed to starting later and finishing late due to the oppressively crazy heat and humidity. And of course nitro is much better at night.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Short Track Announcer

We are tentatively planning an event in Tennessee and I think they are on par with where we are (NC) - I don't expect the crowds would be allowed there.

But you bring up a good point - I don't know if there's noise restrictions at INDY but a night under the lights would be cool. Wish the NHRA would give up the dog and pony show for this year and say screw the championship, let's just have some fun.

TF/FC like the Winston Showdown
Instant green

I don't know...just throwing random ideas out there. Racing for a "championship" is kind of a joke at this point. Unless it was a winner take all thing like the old days - that could be kind of cool. The 2020 championship will forever have an asterisk beside it so why not?

How about offering some prizes for the champion? A new car, like maybe a Bronco. Get Ford to donate it. OR.... a years worth of Dunkin Donuts! Whoa........

I just peeked at the qualifying results for TF. One pair got to the finish under full power (judging by speeds). And only four cars made it each round. Not much fun for fans. Weather is weather but every event possible should have night racing if they want people to attend qualifying.

Just for thought, if the NHRA get's to run races at a track other than Indy, like Bristol. Run it under the lights. A friday/saturday night event. friday nitro at 7 and another at 9 or 10. Saturday first round at 6:00 or 7:00. Yes I know about tv schedule availability, time constraints and so on. Us folks in the South and those good Tennessee fans are very accustomed to starting later and finishing late due to the oppressively crazy heat and humidity. And of course nitro is much better at night.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Short Track Announcer
Under the lights in Bristol in october,my guess it would be cold lol. to cold

I was watching qualifying on FS1 and shut it off for wrestling. Maybe NHRA is behind on paying them.haha

Any "championship" won this year is going to have a giant sized asterisk next to it
Why ?? Whoever wins an NHRA championship this year, or the NASCAR Cup, or the World Series will have done so based on the schedule derived for them to race/play against. Same for everyone.

For me, the * comes into play for the year 2020 as a whole. For a myriad of reasons, people will forever have reminders and/or memories (painful or otherwise) of the 2020 and what it meant to them or for them. Championships from 2020 will further depict just what type of turmoil we experienced as nothing and should be celebrated for what they represent in that moment.

Sit back and enjoy whatever we are afforded as entertainment. Sports is (and has always) an outlet for people to escape even if only for an hour or 2. Hopefully 2021 affords us the opportunity for the sports we all love to return to a more normal looking schedule.

For the US Nationals, we have run well into the night many times because of weather, etc.

TV times would likely be an issue for the East Coast, if round ball sports were active!

We are tentatively planning an event in Tennessee and I think they are on par with where we are (NC) - I don't expect the crowds would be allowed there.

But you bring up a good point - I don't know if there's noise restrictions at INDY but a night under the lights would be cool. Wish the NHRA would give up the dog and pony show for this year and say screw the championship, let's just have some fun.

TF/FC like the Winston Showdown
Instant green

I don't know...just throwing random ideas out there. Racing for a "championship" is kind of a joke at this point. Unless it was a winner take all thing like the old days - that could be kind of cool. The 2020 championship will forever have an asterisk beside it so why not?
Just like mlb, except I heard their will be no asterisks in the record book??!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back