Turbochargers, one more time... (1 Viewer)

NHRA want those nice stacks of flames, turbo chargers already have proven themselves, but backwards of any other part in drag racing history, the started gaining popularity on the slower sportsman sport compacts 15 yrs ago, now domestic have seen the light and they are working their way threw the ranks of faster and faster classes. Its only a matter of time, we have turbo pro-mods today, what will they be on tomorrow?

At some point NHRA will have a disconnect between the older style tech and the new younger fan base. My generation (26) is are turboholics, yet how much of the fan base will not be replenished since there is zero connection between these cars and the technology that excites a younger group of fans and racer.

I remember a east coast turbo funny. Well, maybe not east coast based, but ran at a mid east coast track.

I think it was nitro, but could have been alky just the same.

Late eighties? Maybe very early nineties.

I think it was either at a track in Delaware or Maryland.

I don't know why this morning names and locations are eluding me, they just are........:confused:

Any how, it was turbo'd, I seem to remember a yellow Vette' body.

the car was supposed to be a absolute monster, that was the rumor anyway. Also heard the driver was absolutely not comfortable in the car.

Not a very good combination, IMO.......

I remember it being fired, was rather quiet for a F/C, drove around the water in the bleach box, and backed in.

the motor revved with a WHOOOOOOSH a couple times, and then :eek: proceeded to do his burnout in REVERSE, nearly running into the staging lanes and wiping out my bud's beautiful AA/A.

That was on a Saturday of a two day event, and that was the last I heard of/saw this car.

What I did hear was the crew was told to pack up and leave, which they did.

Anyone here remember this???

At least somewhat better than me?:eek:

REX

At some point NHRA will have a disconnect between the older style tech and the new younger fan base. My generation (26) is are turboholics, yet how much of the fan base will not be replenished since there is zero connection between these cars and the technology that excites a younger group of fans and racer.

I am 20 years old and I like v8's , hot rods and muscle cars . I am not into the import/turbo scene at all .

I like motorsports like drag racing , land speed racing and hydroplanes . I did 2 years studying pre apprenticeship automotive so I know how the modern stuff works but I still like the old stuff better , but thats just me .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back