Tuesdays at Phoenix (1 Viewer)

Butch

Nitro Member
I had to leave the track by 2:pM. They tried to run a few car= smoke. So then the track crew came out and dressed the right lane. First car down was Tony Shoe ran a 4.48. The next up was Will she ran 4.49 @331.77 then I had to go. Dixon and T Pedrigon was the only cars to make it down the track before it was dressed.

Thanks for the info, I was hoping someone would play hooky and look through the fence for the rest of us.

S/F
D

I had to leave the track by 2:pM. They tried to run a few car= smoke. So then the track crew came out and dressed the right lane. First car down was Tony Shoe ran a 4.48. The next up was Will she ran 4.49 @331.77 then I had to go. Dixon and T Pedrigon was the only cars to make it down the track before it was dressed.

Man, AJ got 90% figured out pretty quick and is takin NO PRISONERS!!! Whew- .48 again is stout!!!

You got that right! That pass had me awe-struck, even before the scoreboard showed anything. That was the highlight of my day.

has melanie finished her crossovers? can't remember if she completed them last year in testing or not.

The report I got by phone today was that Force ran another 4.78 and that Tasca and Melanie have not gotten down the track yet. I heard they put Hawley in Melanie's car for the last pass today and the result was no different....

All I know is you have to get famous somehow Harry, as you would have the greatest Sportscenter nickname of all time. In Chris Berman voice:

Harry "leave the gun take the" Canoles

:D

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited:
WOW - that 3.00 to the 1/8th is the quickest time I've heard about since 1999 when Scelzi went 2.99 at Virginia. (before nitro % limits - in cool weather conditions)
Correct me if I'm wrong (Paul) Has anyone ever gone this quick to the 1/8th? That 284.8 is probably the fastest speed ever as well.

"Atta boy Connie!":D

Dale

Here are the numbers from Schumacher's run at the 2006 Finals when he had to set the national record and win the race to win the championship.

Schumacher .841 2.114 3.003/283.19 3.759 4.428/327.98
Grubnic .838 2.126 3.007/284.81

Grubnic was 4 thou behind at half track but charging harder. If he could have kept it going and ran something like 332 or 333mph I think it would have been close to a 4.421 or 4.420. Would have been pretty cool if he would have legged it out. Or the belt would have come off at 1000'. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back