Traxxas Shootout Final Results (1 Viewer)

I read the rules and format. found them over complicated and made to mislead the fans. Disappointing. A heads up vote would have been a fan pleaser. Im grateful to Traxxis for the support. And understand they want to get the maximum bang for their buck but i hope they get it right next time and respect the fans. decidEd not to vote.

I did not write a book I am not qualified to write and so anyone trying to compare anything I have EVER said in any of my 1,403 post on Mater to the upcoming book is just waisting time.

Patrick- I have been awaiting your upcoming book but I have a question. I see in your reply that it is the "Ultimate" stat book but it only covers results from 1997 to 2012?

By the way, it is wasting not waisting.

Apologies for derailing the tread.

I read the rules and format. found them over complicated and made to mislead the fans. Disappointing. A heads up vote would have been a fan pleaser. Im grateful to Traxxis for the support. And understand they want to get the maximum bang for their buck but i hope they get it right next time and respect the fans. decidEd not to vote.

I guess I don't see what is so complicated about the rules?? Here is the part on the 8th seed:

"There will be three ways for Top Fuel and Funny Car teams to qualify for the NHRA Traxxas Nitro Shootouts.
Third, once the first seven positions in the fields are set, the eighth and final spot in each category will be determined by a fan vote and a lottery-style drawing. The fan-vote selections in each category will be eligible to become the eighth seeds in the NHRA Traxxas Nitro Shootouts.

The fan vote for the eighth seeds will be conducted on NHRA's Facebook page and through a lottery-style drawing at the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals. All remaining unqualified drivers in Top Fuel and Funny Car who have competed in all 16 NHRA Full Throttle events this season leading up to the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals will be included in the NHRA Facebook fan-voting process. Based on the percentage of fan votes received, drivers will receive an equivalent percentage of chances in the lottery. For example, if a driver earns 15 percent of the fan vote, he or she will have 15 chances out of 100 in the lottery-style drawing. All eligible drivers will have at least one chance in the drawing."

Difficult to understand? Really? :rolleyes:

Not to stir the pot but just out of curiosity, They say that each person eligible gets at least one chance in the lottery but also that each person will get the equivalent of their % in chances.

I'm sure some drivers didn't get to 1%, but they still get a chance. Where does that chance come from?

If driver A, B and C conquer the 100% then where do votes for drivers E-H come from? Are they over the 100%? Do they take one off of the other drivers? What happens if the numbers are not equal? Why do I feel compelled to ask question just to confuse the matter more? :)

Ok Mike, ya got me there. THAT also is a wrong system imo.

It's the system that's outlined in the US Constitution. It's been in there since 1789, for good reason.
Too often, people want to change "the system" when they don't like a particular result. Understanding why our Founders included the Electoral College and understanding its function is fundamental to citizenship.
Dumping the Electoral College, without understanding it, will come a cropper.
Cheers,
Ed
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Patrick- I have been awaiting your upcoming book but I have a question. I see in your reply that it is the "Ultimate" stat book but it only covers results from 1997 to 2012?

I would absolutely love to go further back, but there are 2 problems.

1. I figured if I only learned the NHRA existed when I was 13 in 1997, I should write about seasons I have knowledge of.
2. I considered going further back, once you go earlier than 1997 it becomes a game of finding information. It would be nearly impossible to find all the information I do offer prior to 1997 without talking to a select few that actually would have the information i need to create the stats. Plus I am not that well financed to purchase the information.

as per arend's comments on his blog; jeff vs. robert in first round
of FC shootout......pretty good match-up considering circumstances.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back