Courtney Force And The Traxxas Shootout (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
Why is she gonna campaign? I think it's a no brainer. Especially since she won and she is sponsored by Traxxas, I don't think Traxxas would let there car DNQ. Just like the K & N PS Shootout and how they sponsored WJ and he won the fan vote. I think these drivers are popular, but fan vote or not, I think they are gonna be put in reguardless.

Just like the "AAA" Rookie of the Year, and (IMO) most likely, that award won't be up for grabs for anyone without "Force" in their name until JFR runs outta kids racing in a Pro Car. 2014 will be the campaign year for "non force" named peeps to get that recognition...... :D:D

As I understand it is a lottery the determines the final cars in the shootout. The number of entries with the driver's name on it goes by the vote.

Just like the "AAA" Rookie of the Year, and (IMO) most likely, that award won't be up for grabs for anyone without "Force" in their name until JFR runs outta kids racing in a Pro Car. 2014 will be the campaign year for "non force" named peeps to get that recognition...... :D:D

I have no inside information and have not been to lunch with any pros I can't reveal their names, but I'm betting Brittany comes out in TF and contends in 2013 for one last ROTY for the Force family. Perhaps as soon as Dallas.

Last edited:
Why is she gonna campaign? I think it's a no brainer. Especially since she won and she is sponsored by Traxxas, I don't think Traxxas would let there car DNQ. Just like the K & N PS Shootout and how they sponsored WJ and he won the fan vote. I think these drivers are popular, but fan vote or not, I think they are gonna be put in reguardless.

Who decides the 8th spot and when is it announced?

Who decides the 8th spot and when is it announced?

It will be decided via fan vote/lottery and determined at the Fan Fest in downtown Indy on Thursday of the U.S. Nationals.

The driver with the greatest number of fan votes will have the greatest chance of winning the lottery but all the campaigning in the world won't guarantee anyone a spot. (think NHL/NBA lottery)

One more thing, in order to be eligible for the draw, a driver must have competed in all the preceeding events in 2012.

Sounds like sour grapes, envy and jealousy to me. It doesn't matter who owns the car, tunes the car, or sponsors the car, the driver still has to get the car down the track. A fellow driver should recognize and appreciate the skills necessary to compete in ANY professional or sportsman class in ANY sanctioning body.

Sounds like sour grapes, envy and jealousy to me. It doesn't matter who owns the car, tunes the car, or sponsors the car, the driver still has to get the car down the track. A fellow driver should recognize and appreciate the skills necessary to compete in ANY professional or sportsman class in ANY sanctioning body.

I have to agree with you as far as ROTY I actually think Courtney deserves to be considered even if her name is FORCE. I dare to say I think she is a better driver than Ashley.

I have no inside information and have not been to lunch with any pros I can't reveal their names, but I'm betting Brittany comes out in TF and contends in 2014 for one last ROTY for the Force family. Perhaps as soon as Dallas.

Agreed, but I also dont like how the ROTY award is so weighted on wins and round wins and not really driving ability. Every ROTY award I ever seen always goes to the driver who won more on Sunday and that's not exactly the right thing to do. 2009 in my opinion was the best rookie class I have ever seen and holds true since. (Massey, Langdon, Hagan, Horne) 4 drivers who not only had good Sunday's, but truly drove well and cut fantastic lights every time

Last edited:
I have no inside information and have not been to lunch with any pros I can't reveal their names, but I'm betting Brittany comes out in TF and contends in 2014 for one last ROTY for the Force family. Perhaps as soon as Dallas.

Brittany in 2013. Not a Force, but she is definitely going to be a candidate for the second Force Top Fueler (because it makes no sense to have a 1 car top fuel team) in 2014 and is somewhat under the Force umbrella and has AAA DNA, Megan McKernan.

2015 is wide open as far as I can see on the Force front. Wait ... how old will Dominic Scelzi be in 2015?

I didn't taste any sour grapes in Nancy's post. :p

As long as you compete in all 16 races, yer IN the drawing. Don't have to win a race, don't have to win a round. I'm not sure if you even have to qualify???:confused:

When will the winner be announced? To be honest, should Courtney get this deal, I will be happy for Traxxas! Been a Long time since any sponsor has been this good to NHRA and it's fans!

When will the winner be announced? To be honest, should Courtney get this deal, I will be happy for Traxxas! Been a Long time since any sponsor has been this good to NHRA and it's fans!

I dont think many know how effective this relationship is working... i know from the r/c world... our club here in Rockingham has grown by 10 people.. all from seeing TRAXXAS on Courtneys car.... or so they say... and i know of one of our new r/c racers is looking into buying his son a Jr DRagster....

I k now its not a land slide..but those start with one rock rolling down the hill.....

PS.. i hope she gets in too... and i agree she appears to be more comfortable in the car than Ashley was....

I dont think many know how effective this relationship is working... i know from the r/c world... our club here in Rockingham has grown by 10 people.. all from seeing TRAXXAS on Courtneys car.... or so they say... and i know of one of our new r/c racers is looking into buying his son a Jr DRagster....

I k now its not a land slide..but those start with one rock rolling down the hill.....

PS.. i hope she gets in too... and i agree she appears to be more comfortable in the car than Ashley was....

Billy, I was talking with one of the Traxxas guys in Houston. They were taken by Suprise at how well this whole deal has worked out for them! I heard at a Couple of Natl. events they were cleaned out of inventory!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back