Track Prep (1 Viewer)

Update from photog Dave Kommel:

DRC confirms it:
LODRS 7-1 - PHOENIX: Racing Will Be Rescheduled

The worst part of this situation is that NHRA has now required all Pro Stock car owners to buy new rear spoilers, front splitters and to modify the weight distribution on their cars starting at the Gators.

Why can't they just put the blame where it belongs and have the track fix the surface, rather than penalize the racers.

The worst part of this situation is that NHRA has now required all Pro Stock car owners to buy new rear spoilers, front splitters and to modify the weight distribution on their cars starting at the Gators.

Why can't they just put the blame where it belongs and have the track fix the surface, rather than penalize the racers.

Is this THE Jim Yates??

And if it happens again? Same surface for the divisional race in november and the TnT in Jan. When even the S/G cars cant get down the track I'd bet there's more to it than just the surface.

My question is how do you NOT know that you've received and used the wrong product BEFORE applying it to the track? Doesn't anyone pay attention to what is received or read labels?

Maybe it was labeled incorrectly. :confused:
According a guy over on Yellowbullet, his friend works at the track and he's saying the drum(s) were labeled wrong. My question: even if they were labeled wrong don't they look and/or smell different from each other?

No .... I am just some guy that used to race Pro Stock for about the last 20 years and now helps out on a Pro Stock team. LOL!!!!!!!

Jim, I have a generic question ... why can't Pro Stock cars run an under tray with a venturi or 2? They would add little to no weight, would be easy to regulate, produce no drag and could increase downforce by as much as 50%. Plus, the faster you go, the better they work, so downforce would be added at the top end, where it is needed most.

Are they specifically prohibited by the rules?

Because they are like the Fonz; they can get the word "wrong" out.

Jim, How much of a wing change will you guys have to make and when do you get to test this? Do the guys that will be running 2nd round of the Firebird race have to have these changes on the car or do they apply after the firebird race is done? You raced pro stock????:confused: When did that happen LOL... When are "you" getting back in the car and racing???

Almost makes you wonder if VHT sent over the compound they used to send to the NASCAR guys for their pit stall . . . Those guys aren't allowed to use anything that is not "natural" now, and now it's Cokes and fruit drinks sprayed on the ground for them.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back