TOP DRAGSTER (2 Viewers)

It is. For that matter, it was the quickest field ever yesterday after two sessions.

Bump at 6.20 I believe they take top 32. Got to be lowest bump ever for TD

Watched Q2 for TD and TS last night on NHRA tv. They are flying! First 5 times in TD are under 6.10 and are thrown out. Bump for TD is actually 6.301, which is a record. And one more qualifying session yet to come. Gonna be good!

Watched Q2 for TD and TS last night on NHRA tv. They are flying! First 5 times in TD are under 6.10 and are thrown out. Bump for TD is actually 6.301, which is a record. And one more qualifying session yet to come. Gonna be good!

The last qualifier just finished a few minutes ago. Only one car not in the teens, and he ran a .20

I saw Alan Kenny go to the top in order with a 6.102 Laris ended up going 6.100 but I noticed Alan Kenny's showing on the bump at 6.234. What happened that they threw his time out?

The last qualifier just finished a few minutes ago. Only one car not in the teens, and he ran a .20
And the DQ bug makes me a liar. Apparently the timing was incorrect for Al Kenny's 6.10 run, so it was thrown out and he had to revert to his earlier 6.23 (for how bad his light was and how quick the increments were, obviously something was hanging up in the starting line beams to delay the timers). That makes two cars that weren't 6.1x.

It's getting pretty quick. Will be almost heads up during Elims. Be fun to watch this one!

I love TD but this 6.10 deal is hurting the class in my opinion. Honestly, the way its done right now its just a 6.10 index race for the most part.
What would you change, keeping in mind that going quicker is not an option?

I love TD but this 6.10 deal is hurting the class in my opinion. Honestly, the way its done right now its just a 6.10 index race for the most part.

You do understand that the 6.10 limit is to provide a small safety margin to the top cars to help not running into the fives. Virtually all of the TD cars are not certified for those ET's. Huge difference in costs for most racers to make their cars legal for those ET's.

This one hurts, all the way from California, runs a 6.26 and does not qualify... Ouch!

33 Frank Young, Winters CA, TNT-BAE 6.261 221.85

Did NHRA only allow the fastest TD's in the country to register for this race?

You had to have 8 grade points to enter the race .... if they would have allowed 50 cars the bump would have been closer to 6.15

Jeff - I don't know a lot about TD but it seemed odd to me that almost all the people in the top 10 in points - who I would figure are close to the best in TD racing - aren't there

Barry, half of last years top ten are there. Travel has a lot to do with it. Pick your races wisely for points.

Your current champion lives in Oregon and probably isnt quick enough to make the field so why go all that distance.

I am fully aware of the rules and know they dont want them running quicker. I dont know what or if there is a fix. All I said, is now its just basically a 6.10 index race between blown and procharged cars.

I am fully aware of the rules and know they dont want them running quicker. I dont know what or if there is a fix. All I said, is now its just basically a 6.10 index race between blown and procharged cars.
But no matter what, it’s NOT an index class.

Justin, of all the races through out the year this is probably the exception or maybe a couple of others could be included. Gonna be a fun one to watch for sure.

Barry, half of last years top ten are there. Travel has a lot to do with it. Pick your races wisely for points.

Your current champion lives in Oregon and probably isnt quick enough to make the field so why go all that distance.
To some degree as you get below 6.25 it is pretty hard to be consistent enough to run for a championship .... particularly when so many of the champions run 30+ races a year. The cars that run big MPH are also harder to finish line drive .... once you get about 15mph+ faster it seems to get pretty tough .... and 30 mph is really tough.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back