Tony Stewart Top Fuel (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
Anything that turns left I have never bin interested in. I have maybe watched 3 hours of Nascar, Indy combined
in the last 61 years. But I have gone to the World Of Outlaws 3 times back in the 90's very cool!
Did not no what to think about Mr. Stewart coming into drag racing with him dating Leah, having money and sponsorship's
You know taking the easy way in to Top Fuel. But after watching this vidoe. Mr Stewart you have my utmost respect!

Last edited:
Always have liked the guy, hate Nascrap and wouldn’t watch it if they paid me, but always wanted him to win whatever he was racing. Has earned his way every step of the way. All around good dude. Ppl didn’t like his attitude, but that diehard focused don’t take shit attitude is what has made him successful

Always have liked the guy, hate Nascrap and wouldn’t watch it if they paid me, but always wanted him to win whatever he was racing. Has earned his way every step of the way. All around good dude. Ppl didn’t like his attitude, but that diehard focused don’t take shit attitude is what has made him successful
Met Tony after a race in vegas when he was driving one of the #9 white midgets, very humble and friendly, I told him I could see the raw talent and that he would be on the big stage soon, he looked at me and said I hope your right, been a fan ever since, smoke is a great way to describe his driving style, that’s what he did to the field that night, hope he races in top fuel

Met Tony after a race in vegas when he was driving one of the #9 white midgets, very humble and friendly, I told him I could see the raw talent and that he would be on the big stage soon, he looked at me and said I hope your right, been a fan ever since, smoke is a great way to describe his driving style, that’s what he did to the field that night, hope he races in top fuel
I heard a rumor that he would run Indy. Makes sense since DSR is located close by but it may be nothing more than a rumor.

I've got a crazy tin foil hat drag racing thought here and I think that Tony Stewart may become a part of DSR next year. Maybe I'm crazy, but I believe that I've heard rumor that Don Schumacher maybe dipping his toe into retirement. So think about it, no funding for Tony Schumacher going on 3 years. Lost funding for the two charity funny cars driven by TJ and Beckman. Sold Antron his TF team. That leaves Leah in TF and Hagan and Capps in FC. So maybe, just maybe, Tony Stewart comes in with some cash and either invests in DSR, or purchases DSR out right and fields a second TF car for himself. That would keep the organization at two FC and two TF. I know that was out of left field, but who knows?

I've got a crazy tin foil hat drag racing thought here and I think that Tony Stewart may become a part of DSR next year. Maybe I'm crazy, but I believe that I've heard rumor that Don Schumacher maybe dipping his toe into retirement. So think about it, no funding for Tony Schumacher going on 3 years. Lost funding for the two charity funny cars driven by TJ and Beckman. Sold Antron his TF team. That leaves Leah in TF and Hagan and Capps in FC. So maybe, just maybe, Tony Stewart comes in with some cash and either invests in DSR, or purchases DSR out right and fields a second TF car for himself. That would keep the organization at two FC and two TF. I know that was out of left field, but who knows?
Can I borrow that hat?

If Stewart gets into Drag Racing it will be with Ford's money and they will be more interested in something that identifies with a Ford car than a Dragster, but not MOPAR. He is driving that Electric Ford right now at Pomona. Donny Schatz is his Primary Sprint car and they are kind of behind this year. In the Sprint car deal Tony is not the one chasing points, he just drives once in a while in the WoO which is what he would probably do with a dragster. Tony's deal there is Stewart/Curb/Agajanian Racing which is about as big as it gets and Ford has a whole lot of money invested in them. They finally have a little more HP than the Chevys but it certainly hasn't been domination like years before in the Sprinters.

Read a interview with him and even those he's done enough in a fuel car to get his license he hasn't turn in the paper work and doesn't plan on it. As far as him getting team together and him driving , his plate is very full and something would have to suffer for him to go drag racing. Doesn't plan on doing that either, but who knows things change

Getting out more Reynolds Wrap (I'm sure Reinhart will ask me if I'm stoned or just stupid... 😁).

Don sells Tony the TF operation - chassis jigs and the whole section of the remaining shop space that isn't part of the new ABR.
Don remains with his first love, FC, with Capps and Hagan becoming the cars of DSR for one final season. Farmer mogul Hagan will become the next owner that comes out of the lineup, and Capps stays on board with the NAPA brand (big $$$ to have on their side, along with MOPAR).
Smoke, as a long-car team owner, campaigns the wife and adds a second car late in the season with either Austin Prock or a Ford-centric Rookie that they groom to move up.

Shoe buys a lovely villa on the Mediterranean and buys a subscription to NHRA.TV

That's my story and I'm sticking to it

Since everybody is making tin foil hats now, is it gonna replace toilet paper as the new shortage item? Guess I had better run out and grab a couple of boxes.
What is the style of choice now a days, skull cap, ball cap, pirates hat?
Does anybody have any patterns I can borrow?

Jimi, just make it look like an upside funnel. Attach a mini solar panel and a propeller on top. This will give your brain A/C and you can see things in the future, like who will win the next race. I tried this one day to see why the wife was mad at me, but all I got was a blur..... heh heh

Getting out more Reynolds Wrap (I'm sure Reinhart will ask me if I'm stoned or just stupid... 😁).

Don sells Tony the TF operation - chassis jigs and the whole section of the remaining shop space that isn't part of the new ABR.
Don remains with his first love, FC, with Capps and Hagan becoming the cars of DSR for one final season. Farmer mogul Hagan will become the next owner that comes out of the lineup, and Capps stays on board with the NAPA brand (big $$$ to have on their side, along with MOPAR).
Smoke, as a long-car team owner, campaigns the wife and adds a second car late in the season with either Austin Prock or a Ford-centric Rookie that they groom to move up.

Shoe buys a lovely villa on the Mediterranean and buys a subscription to NHRA.TV

That's my story and I'm sticking to it

If Don wanted a Mediterranean Villa, he probably already has one.

NHRA should strongly consider Mr. Stewart's talent for sponsor development. If an old school turn left guy finds our sport cool and interesting, why can't NHRA communicate that to corporate America.

NHRA should strongly consider Mr. Stewart's talent for sponsor development. If an old school turn left guy finds our sport cool and interesting, why can't NHRA communicate that to corporate America.
NHRA can't even market are great young and old talent in drag racing to corporate America. It would be great if Stewart could help!
NHRA Drag Racing is to far down the food chain when comes to corporate America, can you say NFL,MLB and yes Nascar
And that is a DAMN SHAME!

there is some amazing statistic i read once that almost all races in nascar since mid 90's have been won by a small handful of owners.....(penske, roush, childress, stewart, gibbs, childress)
the established teams do well as they attract the best sponsor contracts; other owners come and go and usually leave with a lot less money than they started with. (michael waltrip racing, DEI, etc.)
can almost see the same in nhra. a few teams have been able to persevere and survive; others have come and gone. the lucas team and david powers team are two that come to mind.
if those sponsor contracts do not keep renewing, all that is left is parts and maybe some real estate/buildings. my hat is off to owners/teams outside the big 3 in nhra nitro racing for having
the ability to keep it going year after year. there are a few of them.

Speaking of Corporate America. I watched most of the race from Pomona on NHRA.TV. It was either Sat or Sun they were talking to Force
at the top end and he said he met the owner of Camping World today. Did not say Marcus Lemonis by name. Did anyone else catch that?
Was it on Fox. Has Marcus bin to a race yet? We are going on a year with this deal. I looked for photos on NHRA.com and the other major
drag racing web magazines nothing. Maybe I was hearing things. But I do find this hole Camping World kind of strange with Marcus not being at a race to see where his money is going. If Marcus was at a race NHRA would be all over it and the web magazines too.

Last edited:
Kinda like everytime Leah showed up to the starting line and the cameras were focused on Tony Stewart?? I think he got more air time that Leah!

Speaking of Corporate America. I watched most of the race from Pomona on NHRA.TV. It was either Sat or Sun they were talking to Force
at the top end and he said he met the owner of Camping World today. Did not say Marcus Lemonis by name. Did anyone else catch that?
Was it on Fox. Has Marcus bin to race yet? We are going on a year with this deal. I looked for photos on NHRA.com and the other major
drag racing web magazines nothing. Maybe I was hearing things. But I do find this hole Camping World kind of strange with Marcus not being at a race to see where his money is going. If Marcus was at a race NHRA would be all over it and the web magazines too.
I heard it also and since nobody had brought it up till now I thought maybe I heard it wrong. So 2 of us heard it and are wondering as you pointed out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back