Tony Stewart Would Like to Make Runs in a Top Fuel Dragster (1 Viewer)

qtermile14

Nitro Member
I was watching SPEED's NASCAR RaceDay progam this morning, when they were interviewing Stewart about getting a chance to make some laps in a Formula 1 car this Summer. Stewart went on to say "of all the cars that I have not driven yet that I want to, there is really only two left; that is a Top Fuel Dragster and an F1 car.

Is there anyone out there with a Fueler ready to give Stewart some runs in one to give NHRA some good press during a NASCAR program?

I was watching SPEED's NASCAR RaceDay progam this morning, when they were interviewing Stewart about getting a chance to make some laps in a Formula 1 car this Summer. Stewart went on to say "of all the cars that I have not driven yet that I want to, there is really only two left; that is a Top Fuel Dragster and an F1 car.

Is there anyone out there with a Fueler ready to give Stewart some runs in one to give NHRA some good press during a NASCAR program?

Stewart clearly stated that DSR has been after him to do it and they just haven't put a date on it yet.

This would have to be an entire weekend, or a couple of days anyway! Just getting him familiar with a Burnout and a launch alone.

YES!!! BRING IT!!! :D The real Tony who who will always be known as the guy who lost a championship to Doug Kailtta! I would LOVE to see him and Doug competing on the same race track together again! That could be a huge rivalry :D 1994 people ....... I'm just sayin....1994....

A little showtime prep might be in order ! Knowledge of cars is great but a Top Fueler ain't Grandmas Grocery Getter !
I'd be dragging the chute from the get go ! The end of a 300 MPH run would be a bad time to have a senior moment !

I would imagine that Stewart would take to the top fueler like a duck to water. They guy is a racer's racer and can drive the wheels off anything.

I would imagine that Stewart would take to the top fueler like a duck to water. They guy is a racer's racer and can drive the wheels off anything.

I agree, but I bet he pisses his pants the first time he gets all the way to the 330 foot mark. Between the 60 foot and 330 foot the car pulls harder than it does on the starting line.

I can't wait to see an interview with him right after the first 200 foot squirt. My guess is he will be shaking and have difficulty speaking coherently for a few minutes.

Can’t say I’m crazy about him on a personal level (was the victim of one of his rants, once…), but he’s probably the best “race-car driver” on the face of the earth. I’d love to see him mix it up on the world-wide stage with the F1 hotshots, and a few passes in a TF Dragster would just be icing on the cake. --M--

I agree, but I bet he pisses his pants the first time he gets all the way to the 330 foot mark. Between the 60 foot and 330 foot the car pulls harder than it does on the starting line.

I can't wait to see an interview with him right after the first 200 foot squirt. My guess is he will be shaking and have difficulty speaking coherently for a few minutes.

Probably about the same as a top fuel driver taking his first barrell roll at Talledega at 200 mph.:D

That May be a bit over the Top, but I bet he will certainly have a lot more Respect for the Sport afterwards!! I have only met 3-4 Circletrack drivers that have ever tried Drag racing over the years! One of them races Both back and Forth. They will readily admit Drag racings a lot harder than Circle track racers make it out to be!!!

Doubt it...not after turning left into turn one at Indianapolis at 233+ MPH.

Smoke in F1??? He would have to lose 10 years and about 40 pounds first. I would much rather see Smoke at Le Mans, in the Audi R10, but that's just me.

With that said, Tony will be swapping rides with 2008 World Champion Lewis Hamilton at Watkins Glen later this year. Tony will drive Lewis's McLaren-Mercedes and Lewis will drive Tony's Sprint Cup car. It will be good to see a F1 car at the Glen for the first time in a LONG time. I hope they turn Lewis loose and let him set a competitive time ... I would love to see how much quicker a F1 car is around the Glen than the IRL cars that presently race there, and how much quicker the lap time is from the last time F1 was at the Glen for the USGP, which I believe was 1980.

Back to drag racing, I think Smoke will be fine in a Top Fuel car ... DSR is a top flight outfit, they won't put him in a situation where he is in over his head, and Smoke is smart enough to know that he is not just going to be able to hop in one and crank out sub 3.8 second passes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back