Tony Stewart Top Fuel? (1 Viewer)

Meet Tony at the dirt track in vegas before NASCAR career when he was driving one of the number 9 midgets, he was very personable and humble even though he had a great night on the tract, stayed after so I could tell him how much I enjoyed watching him and to wish him luck on his way to NASCAR, he grinned and said I hope your right, I responded that in my opinion he had the right stuff, the bust of luck to him and Leah on and off the track

Tony has come to the Talladega Short Track where I call the races many a time during NASCAR weekends. He has sat in the booth with me and hung out, Other times him and his dog would come out and hang in the room next to the booth. He would stay till the very end. He was very slick how he could slip into the facility, get up in the tower and hang out, We would chat a lot about all forms of racing. He was very interested in my Ascot Park stories and very interested in my knowledge and love affair with Lions Drag Strip. He is a cool dude in my book.

This National Enquirer style posts on this thread are classless.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

Well sure; he would bring lots of media like Jack Clark and Johnny Andretti did. But the fact of the matter is; and I know this stings...... he’d still have to get around Doug Kalitta Jr..... just like 1994 all over again.

Always been a Tony Stewart fan. Cheered for his checkereds, gasped at his wrecks. Stood by him during the crisis when the kid stepped out in front of his sprint car.
TS has always been a very private person....I thought maybe he wasn't into women, he has been single so long. Racing definitely comes first in his life.
As far as having multiple last names.....several sports women have had that happen (yeah...Angelle)...... basically it's up to them but they should just keep their maiden last name, being a public figure and all.
My sister did because she's a veterinary surgeon....worked very hard to get there and kept her professional name after she got married.

ps- I'm willing to bet there's plenty of us on here that had better HOPE that women find old and fat attractive....because we may not have the $$$ and the fame 🤪

But I don't believe he has any real desire to trade in Sprint Cars.

Reminds me of a story about another dirt racer, Kenny Schrader (I can't remember if I ever shared it here or not...)

We were at a corporate outing at a local dirt track with one of my parts suppliers called, "Gettin' Dirty with Kenny". We all got to drive some late models around the track, then go for a spin with Kenny in a 2-seater (which was freakin' awesome, by the way.....). During the lunch break he was giving me a hard time, being the only "drag guy", as he called me. Told us all about some event he was at and Cruz was also there with one of his funny cars. After Cruz did a warm-up for the crowd, he and Kenny were chatting and when Cruz asked him if he wanted to hop in he said, "I'd rather sit in the f**king electric chair than get in that thing.....". LMAO!!!

Schrader is such a cool dude....

Sean D

Tony needs to try a TAH, after he gets this TF Bucket List thing done.
That way he could be called, SMOKE ON THE WATER.:)

There was a Blown Fuel Hydro called Smoke on the Water, it was shoed by Earl Bachant and a couple of others. Saw that beast run at Long Beach Marine Stadium.

TopFuel@Lions

There was a Blown Fuel Hydro called Smoke on the Water, it was shoed by Earl Bachant and a couple of others. Saw that beast run at Long Beach Marine Stadium.

TopFuel@Lions
Yep I remember that, started me thinking back of all the fuel and alcohol boats in the days

The Godfather
Climax
Golden Thing
Hurry Round Hondo
Guzzler
Runnin' Bare
Another Been Had
Nighthorse
Nightmare
Panic Mouse
The Beast
The Gladiator
Western Mag Special
Rated X
UFO

Just a few to tickle the mind. From 68 to it's closing for drag boats in 77, I never missed a day or race at Long Beach Marine Stadium. Throw in shows at Ming, Perris, and Oakland Marine Stadium.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

There was a Top Gas Dragster called the Guzzler, maybe out of Chicago? The Greek's car was called the Chizler. Names were cool.

On WFO Alan was talking about having dinner in Vegas was Tony Stewart and how Tony has earned his Super Comp license at Frank Hawley's and is working on his Top Alky Dragster license (with plans to eventually make a pass in a top fuel car). He is such a motorsports junky. Pretty cool, and even more impressive that he's respected the building blocks to TF.

He's competitive, but I think he's going to struggle to beat his GF's top speed or ET. The relationship does seem to be helping him drop the pounds!

On WFO Alan was talking about having dinner in Vegas was Tony Stewart and how Tony has earned his Super Comp license at Frank Hawley's and is working on his Top Alky Dragster license (with plans to eventually make a pass in a top fuel car). He is such a motorsports junky. Pretty cool, and even more impressive that he's respected the building blocks to TF.

He's competitive, but I think he's going to struggle to beat his GF's top speed or ET. The relationship does seem to be helping him drop the pounds!
Cool stuff! Be interesting to see where he goes with this, you never know, once he gets a taste of driving a fuel car he may end up getting serious. Hey Jeff I know this has been a screwed up year, but did you guys run your TD and/or do any A/F racing?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back