Tony Stewart NHRA Announcement Thursday 11am (1 Viewer)

I don't follow Nascar closely at all but their ratings and attendance have fallen off a little. NHRA surely offers a much lower $ level of commitment and gives some of those guys a chance to hedge their bets. Really curious who Leah's crew chief will be. Makes you wonder about all the rumors around AJ leaving Salinas. You'd think TSR would want to make a bold move with Leah

So it would seem that Don is parting out his mega team. I assume with the announcement of Tony Schumacher coming back, DSR will be a two car team with Tony in Top Fuel and Capps in Funny Car. Antron is said to be doing a two car deal as well. Seems the era of mega teams is over for now and we will have several smaller but powerful teams. Kinda cool if you ask me.

So it would seem that Don is parting out his mega team. I assume with the announcement of Tony Schumacher coming back, DSR will be a two car team with Tony in Top Fuel and Capps in Funny Car. Antron is said to be doing a two car deal as well. Seems the era of mega teams is over for now and we will have several smaller but powerful teams. Kinda cool if you ask me.
Haven't really heard much about AB having a second car but would be great if it were true. I'm sure Larry Dixon would be up for it. We need him back.

Downsizing, working with others too help build NHRA with more owners and opportunities, and what they can do when given an opportunity as well.

Other than sponsorship, I don't see DSR turning a blind eye and not looking forward to other driver's and associations. He is not going to sell the goods to others and hope 2 cars will be of benefit, when information, data, and having the right people are paramount for Championships.

It would only make sense, since Megan will be taking over operations, and DSR will continue on.

Build back better. No smoke

Last edited:
So for all the build-up, as predicted, we just have a transfer of team ownership, with no new teams. So it is really just a break-even as far as that is concerned. Though with the announcement of Tony Schumacher coming back, that is a net gain of one TF team.

So...Capps and Tony still DSR with Don's daughter running them?

Who will crew chief the cars on TSR?

Dickie go with Matt?

Okuhara with Tony's car?

Don has done a good job keeping cars out there while he gradually backs away.

So for all the build-up, as predicted, we just have a transfer of team ownership, with no new teams. So it is really just a break-even as far as that is concerned. Though with the announcement of Tony Schumacher coming back, that is a net gain of one TF team.
Well that and Tony Stewart jumping into the NHRA in a big way, which I think can be huge.

have always liked the old saying, "i would rather have 10 customers with 10 jobs that pay $1000 each, than one customer with one job that pays $10,000".
the transfer of ownerships and net +1 TF'r is all good news IMO ......... if terry can't get his TF'r back out there, my guess rob wedland has already taken a flood of calls. probably all year long.

I'm thinking Coil is coming out of retirement to tune both cars.🤔🤨🤫
I think that's the cool part.
With this announcement, and those too follow, there will be many more opportunities for everyone to move up, or ahead. New blood and interest. Experienced blood where an opportunity presents itself.

I don't know how this isn't just the beginning of a brighter, more positive future.

You can bet TSR will expand in the near future, as well as others.

Truckers needed. 😏

So no new blood or drivers or crew chiefs. Just the same ones being tossed around to new teams. Going to get the same results, same 2-3 cars capable of winning the championship.

There is nothing about who the sponsors will be or whether MOPAR will be going with TSR or not. This doesn't look like these 2 cars will be DSR house cars as Tony is moving them to his own facility. which is a split from being a DSR house car. It will be interesting to see if he runs DSR or AJPE engine parts. DSR does not use HAAS in its manufacturing and Haas is Tony's partner in NASCAR.
Nothing about who Leah or Hagan's teams will be made up of. Am thinking Hagan's is most likely who he has today.
Antron even thou he is going out on his own I'am sure will be running out of the DSR house which leaves only him, Tony Schu and Capps at DSR and the only guaranteed DSR parts buyers. I haven't seen ANY T/F or F/C's with DSR engines except his own cars. Force shows Force as his engines except in his T/F car which is AJPE.

Terry, Isn't Tasca running DSR? I remember Height saying something about Tasca is just another DSR car.
Taska is Ford and I don't believe he has anything to do with DSR , who knows, but he isn't a DSR house car. He calls his engine a Ford which does not make a engine so he is either buying from Alan Johnson or DSR. All the engines are the same, they are a spec engine so you can call it anything you want. Force calls his funny car engines Chevrolet and his top fuel engine is Alan Johnson. They are all the same.

Taska is Ford and I don't believe he has anything to do with DSR , who knows, but he isn't a DSR house car. He calls his engine a Ford which does not make a engine so he is either buying from Alan Johnson or DSR. All the engines are the same, they are a spec engine so you can call it anything you want. Force calls his funny car engines Chevrolet and his top fuel engine is Alan Johnson. They are all the same.
Tasca is more or less a satellite car of DSR. He owns his own car but gets all of his part from them. When Mike Neff moved from DSR to Tasca it wasn’t a big deal because DSR was fine with the move. Paul Lee would be another satellite car just kind of like Antron Brown will be. Looks as if it will be the same for at least early on for TSR.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back