Tony Stewart In Big Trouble (1 Viewer)

NO CHARGES WILL BE FILED AGAINST STEWART..GIVE IT A REST HATERS!!! PLEASE PRAY FOR THE MORON THAT RAN OUT IN FRONT OF HIM!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.facebook.com/mark.tychoniewicz/posts/844718932205116

"i have driven these cars,the right side board on the top wing will block out an entire car let alone a person standing there,i now work on the 45 car in the video and the driver said he just saw him at the last second and just missed him,Tony had even less time to react to the situation.people in the stands or watching this video have no idea how fast these thing happen and how limited our view is inside the car.it was a very bad turn of events that happened but we all know the dangers involved in the sport we love."

I've watched the video over and over. It's not clear enough to draw any definite conclusions, although it appears as if Stewart may have aimed his car at Ward to scare him a little, then whipped it out of the way at the last second to avoid him. But he misjudged the timing and apparently clipped Ward with the right rear tire. It threw him a LONG ways.

Lot's of friends that drive dirt sprint, and all of them steer with throttle. Smoke did nothing out of the ordinary, considering some hothead was acting an ass on an active race track... Sorry for his family's loss, but all the way around, the kid made a bad decision to reenact an ESPN moment..

As another dirt tracker, a little explanation-with a solid axle rear and tons of stagger-the ONLY way you can steer it at the speed he was at is to "gun the throttle". The cars weren't behind a pace car yet-they were still moving pretty quick. If they were at pace speed, I could see gassing it to roost him-not at the pace they were on. And the visiblity at the low corner of the wing (right at the angle he was standing at) at slow speed is very bad.
Seen many people be mad at a driver + stand on the track. NEVER on the outside of the track.
Sad day for all.

Sad day for all involved......................... Prayers go out for both families involved...... A true tragedy....

I've watched the video over and over. It's not clear enough to draw any definite conclusions, although it appears as if Stewart may have aimed his car at Ward to scare him a little, then whipped it out of the way at the last second to avoid him. But he misjudged the timing and apparently clipped Ward with the right rear tire. It threw him a LONG ways.

This is exactly as I see it..

I think Tony is sitting in a room, knowing full well that the last little smart ass blirp of the throttle killed the kid. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt him, but he knows that his cockiness was intentional.
He has to live with that fact haunting him for the rest of his life.

In a drivers meeting and in every track's rule book, drivers are reminded to stay in the cockpit until the safety workers (and or) officials secure the cars under yellow. This misguided young man ignored all of that and apparently wanted his 15 minutes of fame. He got it in a most horrible way. That kind of stuff happens in cup or nationwide racing quite a bit. Where the driver goes out on the track and shakes a finger at who they presume caused their spin or wreck. On dirt, it was a very bad decision and he paid for it with his life.

Tony S. is a hothead. No question. Now he will have to live with whatever his part was for the rest of his life. Whether it was to roost the guy or just to try and get out of his way, it will be on him. Forever. Sad deal.

I think Tony is sitting in a room, knowing full well that the last little smart ass blirp of the throttle killed the kid. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt him, but he knows that his cockiness was intentional.

Well we each looked at the exact same video and yet what I saw is very different from what you seem to have seen. My question to you is a very simple one.

How would you know what Tony's intention was? Are you a mind reader? The only person is Tony that would no the answer to your question.

Jimbo

This is exactly as I see it..

It is my understanding that the so-called 'blirp' of the throttle was an attempt to make car turn quicker as to avoid hitting the young man standing in front of his car, the stagger and design of these cars are to turn a sharp left. Now your right Tony has a reputation of having a temper just like the young man that jump in front of these cars on the track, it's the nature of this sport, but it does not make them killers. This person put himself in harms way, no body forced him. Tony has done a lot of good things for this sport, supporting local tracks and helping charities for children, temper maybe but he also has a big heart and feelings. I think everyone needs to set back and take a deep breath until the facts are out and not pre judge the person, truth will come out n due time.

Do you know how to steer a sprint car? You can not turn them real well with without the burp. The stagger and the drive line does not let it steer well at slow speeds.

This is indeed very sad, but that kid was wrong on all accounts. First off, Tony stated, and it's probably true that he never even knew the kid wrecked. Ward tried driving it up the high side where there's no way that he could get through and tagged the wall spinning him out. He should have never gotten out of his car and tried to confront Tony, especially on the right side of the car.
It was an accident, plain and simple. Tony certainly never intended to hurt the kid, and I'm still not too sure if he even saw him until the last second. I mean, c'mon, who expects a driver to be on the race track after a minimal racing incident, on a dark track in a black fire suit and helmet?

Sad part is the kid paid with his life by using extremely poor judgment. If he had stayed strapped in the car, non of this would have occurred. His actions caused this to happen. Hopefully this will teach others in the future to stay put and not act out in this manner.
Sure looks like the 45 car barely saw him until it was almost too late. Tony sure couldn't have seen him until the last second. You can't see out of the right side of those cars.

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/local-racers-explain-sprint-cars-and-dangers/27403220

Go__Gran_Daddy_Sprintcar_by_GrangerDesign.jpg

Do you know how to steer a sprint car? You can not turn them real well with without the burp. The stagger and the drive line does not let it steer well at slow speeds.
Obviously you were talking about what George stated, cause that's exactly what I said!

Last edited:
This is indeed very sad, but that kid was wrong on all accounts. First off, Tony stated, and it's probably true that he never even knew the kid wrecked. Ward tried driving it up the high side where there's no way that he could get through and tagged the wall spinning him out. He should have never gotten out of his car and tried to confront Tony, especially on the right side of the car. Sure looks like the 45 car barely saw him until it was almost too late. Tony sure couldn't have seen him until the last second. You can't see out of the right side of those cars.

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/local-racers-explain-sprint-cars-and-dangers/27403220

Go__Gran_Daddy_Sprintcar_by_GrangerDesign.jpg

No....now you've done it. All the Tony haters that blame him can see just fine from their couch. No difference....right?

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2000x1124 and weights 190KB.

Here's the view from the driver's seat of a winged sprint car that was posted in PR&C.

Now put a wing on the front with tall side spill plates blocking your peripheral vision, put it on a poorly lit dirt track following another car who is throwing mud and dirt through your windshieldless race car, now put a kid in a black firesuit and helmet moving right and left on the track as you and the cars in front of you approach all pissed off. As you approach he takes two steps down in front of you. At first Stewart may not have seen him, then when he does he sees the kid taking the two steps in front of him and Stewart wonders if two or three more steps will follow. The questions Tony has less than 1/2 second to answer are "What's he doing on the track, which way is he going...and which way should I go?"

Here's Tony's car as posted by someone else earlier. Just exactly how much can you see at night in it? Do you think you would have seen someone approaching you uphill from the right...at night...with a small stature...in a black firesuit and helmet...when you are behind another car that is throwing mud and dirt in your face...with flashing LED yellow caution lights glaring in your tear offs located in the next corner in front of you???

Have you ever sat in or driven a funny car at night? I can guarantee you that on a poorly lit track at night if someone in a black fire suit and black helmet stepped in front of you on a burnout you'd run right over him without even knowing it.

No charges will be filed.

Last edited:
Good post Randy, too many armchair quarterbacks out there. Your first instinct when driving is to avoid hitting something or someone in this case especially with only seconds to do it, I feel for Kevin's family but I feel for Tony as well.

Rick

The kid got out of car to confront another person on a active racing surface. Anyone remember how much that cost Bob Vandergriff jr? Some roundy round tracks are already making a track rule for drivers that you can not get out of your car unless if it's on fire, or are told to by track safety officials when they are on the track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back