Tony Shoe's Comments (1 Viewer)

Is this a joke? If I remember correctly - Baze has had his fair share of incidents with drivers, by name. Ron Capps (remember his nose), Fuller, FORCE just to name a couple. Yea, he never says it like it is.

I am not a Baze fan or advocate, nor do I advocate Tony Schumacher bad mouthing anyone for undue reasons. BUT - WE as the internet people have no clue what has really been said where, and to whom, and was privy to a one sided video that we never should have been. Sure, he said some stuff that was crappy about everyone's beloved Melanie (I like her too), but she may have said stuff to his face for all we know. Was any of you in the shut down area? Are any of you crew members on these teams?

Go back to your keyboards, call it from your one side of the fence, and jump on the band wagon of hating the monster. Just because you don't get to see what the people you love say off-camera doesn't mean they never say it. And when somebody says it on camera (no matter who it is) do you know all the circumstances?

Once again - I have posted this more on this board than anywhere else...
beating-a-dead-horse.gif

DLB
1. the baze-capps incident happened OFF AIR.
2. if melanie told shoe something nasty in the pits, than shoe should have responded to her in the pits. not on national TV like a cowardly crybaby.
3. if this would be a one time incident i would probably give shoe some slack. but it's not. also, he's been on TV for long enough to figure out what's appropriate and what's not. had he hailed from the south, he might have some manners. <-----THAT WAS A JOKE

Last edited:
So does that mean all people from the north don't have manners? :rolleyes: I, basically, agreed with your post until the end. Then you stepped in it.

I have to admit I read the first few posts then skipped to the back.....but any time we get a real response, I'm happy. Too much PC makes for boredom. Like what he says or dislike what he says.....makes me no difference. Just don't shoot the guy for speaking his mind :)

I just want someone to name the page and paragraph in the rule book weher it states that T/F dragsters must be weighed following the conclusion of a run. I can't find it.

I agree. None of the whole deal should have been on camera. The fact that Graham light and or Tony or Don let the thing be televised is suspect to me in the first place. Caught on tape is one thing. Allowing things to be taped such as this is a set up. Those television cameras are NOT up in the tower taking action shots all during the event. Someone had to set the deal up to begin with. All parties had the power to demand there be no cameras. Drama, drama, drama.

It was probably Don & Tony!

I just want someone to name the page and paragraph in the rule book weher it states that T/F dragsters must be weighed following the conclusion of a run. I can't find it.

I agree. None of the whole deal should have been on camera. The fact that Graham light and or Tony or Don let the thing be televised is suspect to me in the first place. Caught on tape is one thing. Allowing things to be taped such as this is a set up. Those television cameras are NOT up in the tower taking action shots all during the event. Someone had to set the deal up to begin with. All parties had the power to demand there be no cameras. Drama, drama, drama.

and 10 minutes after the run, Bob was on the P/A saying shoe was DQ'd... "well that's what I just heard, I'll say more when it's Official"

And the other part of the rule (unwritten!) as I've always understood it was once you've gone past the scales and you were supposed to have stopped, it was too late to go back. There is probably some wiggle room there as I've heard if you were still within eye shot of the scales even if you passed them you might still be O.K. to go back.

Was that your understanding too Randy?

Reason I bring it up was because Tony said they would go back and weigh even after they had already arrived with the car back to their pit area. And BTW, I do believe this was a technicality and I don't think that they were either under weight OR over the 85% rule either.

It sure appears that someone besides the NHRA blew the whistle on this deal because otherwise Graham could have simply, quietly given them a warning and let them finish the specialty race. It likely was Troxel's guys hence the venom from Tony into Sunday's interview.

This horse is on the truck heading to Elmer's factory.

Again "the understanding" is that once you get to the pits it is too late. The reason being is that there is no way they can be sure you didn't alter the car in the pits. I wish I had a dollar for everyone who has weighed with a foreign object in his/her helmet or a lead shot filled body pole or 20LB hedder covers or lead shot in his/her pockets or ankle weights on or any one of a list a mile long things that can occur between picking up the car and the scales. This ain't my first rodeo friends. Why do you think they get the fuel sample at the engine if they can? Could it be because someone once had a false "tank" within the fuel tank screwed into the area where the cap screws in place....hum?

I think its safe to say that everyone is at fault here. Tony & team never should have skipped the scales, if someone complained about it, well shame on them for being sore losers, NHRA probably should have made a different call or addressed the issue differently, Tony should have not ran his mouth the way he did and should have took the loss and moved on, and last but certainly not least....that camera that caught the footage never should have been on and none of us should have seen that.

Although Tony is getting alot of crap for this, I hope we all are considerate enough to know that Im sure it was taken care of by team owners and/or sponsors and we too, should move on from this and chalk it up to lessons learned and hope for a great weekend in Pomona!:)

Again "the understanding" is that once you get to the pits it is too late. The reason being is that there is no way they can be sure you didn't alter the car in the pits. I wish I had a dollar for everyone who has weighed with a foreign object in his/her helmet or a lead shot filled body pole or 20LB hedder covers or lead shot in his/her pockets or ankle weights on or any one of a list a mile long things that can occur between picking up the car and the scales. This ain't my first rodeo friends. Why do you think they get the fuel sample at the engine if they can? Could it be because someone once had a false "tank" within the fuel tank screwed into the area where the cap screws in place....hum?

Bill:

Funny you should mention that. I was paired up with Tim Wilkerson today at the Eric Medlen/DRAW Golf Tournament and we talked about stretching the rules left and right in alky and nitro. We went back and fourth with a few stories but one we were both familiar with was story about the guy who bought an old TAD from "someone" which was parked when they decided to go fuel racing. The new owner went to put fuel in the tank but it only took about a quart before it was full. They removed the main fuel line and nothing came out. Seems as though the tank had a fuel check section in it just under the fuel cap, and the rest of the tank was for drag racing purposes.

That's the kind of progressive thinking that'll win you some championships.:rolleyes:

RG who?

Last edited:
Bill:

Funny you should mention that. I was paired up with Tim Wilkerson today at the Eric Medlen/DRAW Golf Tournament and we talked about stretching the rules left and right in alky and nitro. We went back and fourth with a few stories but one we were both familiar with was story about the guy who bought an old TAD from "someone" which was parked when they decided to go fuel racing. The new owner went to put fuel in the tank but it only took about a quart before it was full. They removed the main fuel line and nothing came out. Seems as though the tank had a fuel check section in it just under the fuel cap, and the rest of the tank was for drag racing purposes.

That's the kind of progressive thinking that'll win you some championships.:rolleyes:

RG who?

The stories could go on forever. That same car had two sets of front A-arms also. One for qualifying and one for racing......but I digress, LOL.

Bill who?

I think the most disturbing comment from Tony Schumacher revolves around the "Thirty Grand" thing.
I applaud Don, Alan and Tony for their dominance, but to use their underpaid crew members as some sort of plea to Dallas Gardner for a break was just plain sad and embarrassing..
That statement should really PO' their sponsor, US Army..
It really doesn't look good at all for one of the best and most proud sponsors to have their driver dipping that low into the barrel of weak excuses....

I certainly hope that they would offer some of their crew members a better living in the future, and I certainly hope Tony doesn't use that sorry example of their own greed as some sort of reason the rules should bend for DSR...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back