Tonights Qualifying on TV ? (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
I know they (NHRA) probably had to fill some time, but I must have seen 20 min. of Randy Green (I think that was his name) He seemed like a nice enough guy... but I'm sure they could have had Mike Dunn answer some viewer questions or some kind of interesting Fact or ANYTHING...

I'm not saying to cut out Randy totally but he only spoke 3 or 4 sentances...and we watched him blow clutch dust off a plate, & Paul Page never shut up... he was just a "Little" more obnoxious than usual tonight...

The only + was the show started ON TIME!

I for one enjoyed seeing some of the between the rounds action in the pits.
Something a little different for a change.

It's ok. I understand your thoughts. Randy wasn't pleased about being "mic'ed" up for the day, he prefers to stay in the background, but Dunn wouldn't take no for an answer. I've not had a chance to see it yet, since I was at a dirt track race, but I'll see it today. No matter what, though, I'm very proud of him, and I'm pleased to have been a part of drag racing for all these years.

It's ok. I understand your thoughts. Randy wasn't pleased about being "mic'ed" up for the day, he prefers to stay in the background, but Dunn wouldn't take no for an answer. I've not had a chance to see it yet, since I was at a dirt track race, but I'll see it today. No matter what, though, I'm very proud of him, and I'm pleased to have been a part of drag racing for all these years.

The kid did a good job... but as you say he did not look comfortable with the mike on him all day..

I think that's a mistake they shouldn't mic someone who doesn't want to be.

To have that mic on the person wearing it needs to feel comfortable. I'm sure this guy would be great to have a beer with and could share an immense amount of knowledge but not with a mic and camera following him around.

Hi Pat! I enjoyed watching Randy and was especially struck by the respect that is present by his other crew members and the rest of the fuel community. He did a good job and I too, thought it was a refreshing alternative to all the coverage of, ahem, another team...He done good! (And he sure holds his mom in high esteem! I especially enjoyed the "pictures to all the NAPA stores! You can certainly tell he is proud of you!) Congrats "Ma"!

It was great to meet you in Vegas Pat. :)

Cool to see your son on tv.
As mentioned, it was welcome relief from the wall-to-wall Force crap.

I thought it was interesting, even if he didn't like being hooked to a mic all day. :) I've met your son a couple times in the past (Woodburn and Medford) and even though I only spoke to him very briefly he seemed like a real cool guy. I think when I met him at Woodburn it was a divisional and he was working on Morgan's A/fuel car then. You have every right to be proud.

I loooove me some Randy Green! Did y'all read his profile in National Dragster? Pretty impressive! I have known Randy since about 1988 or 89. He used to work on the Kalitta team and he was always a lot of fun!!!

Way to go Ma!!! I hope you got to visit with Jim & Jon in Vegas.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back