Tonglet Parked (1 Viewer)

I'm curious how much it cost to field a PSB??
Actually, it was a lot less than I would have thought, a bargain for the right sponsor.....

“I do not really know what it is,” Matt (Smith) said. “All we are trying to find is $5,000 a race and that is basically $80,000 a year, and we can’t even find that for a major sponsor to have the whole bike. It is just that hard out here right now. The total for a sponsor would probably be $90,000 because it cost an extra $10,000 to wrap the truck and trailer in some nice colors. If I do something with somebody, I want them to feel like this is their whole deal. When they walk in our pit, the truck and trailer is in their colors and their logos, just not a bike and a crew shirt.”

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/20305-psm-racer-angie-smith-faces-uncertain-2012

I'm surprised V&H wont throw $$ at this team. It's a way of showing that V&H can build a fast non Harley bikes also.
I just remembered this. Unless it has something to do with the GT Tonglet deal from years ago.

Actually, it was a lot less than I would have thought, a bargain for the right sponsor.....

“I do not really know what it is,” Matt (Smith) said. “All we are trying to find is $5,000 a race and that is basically $80,000 a year, and we can’t even find that for a major sponsor to have the whole bike. It is just that hard out here right now. The total for a sponsor would probably be $90,000 because it cost an extra $10,000 to wrap the truck and trailer in some nice colors. If I do something with somebody, I want them to feel like this is their whole deal. When they walk in our pit, the truck and trailer is in their colors and their logos, just not a bike and a crew shirt.”

Competition Plus - Drag Racing Magazine - PSM RACER ANGIE SMITH FACES UNCERTAIN 2012

Wow...$5,000 per race sounds like a Bargain!

5 k is a bargain.... My team has everything in place to run 3 bikes... 2 of our bikes are in the top 10 right now at 6 and 7th place. We have found 3 one race deals so far this season... Anybody wants to get in send them our way...

I'm surprised V&H wont throw $$ at this team. It's a way of showing that V&H can build a fast non Harley bikes also.
I just remembered this. Unless it has something to do with the GT Tonglet deal from years ago.

I am pretty sure some of the fast Suzukis are still running V&H mills. I think Karen Stoffer (the highest Suzuki in the points at #5) is one of them (if not I am sure Gary will be along to correct me).

good to see that LE will be back at E-Town, I knew Captain Chaos was gonna do something for LE at one of Kenny's home tracks.

Thanks Kenny, LE and his family are a class act and always take time to talk and answer my questions.

Last edited:
5 k is a bargain.... My team has everything in place to run 3 bikes... 2 of our bikes are in the top 10 right now at 6 and 7th place. We have found 3 one race deals so far this season... Anybody wants to get in send them our way...

Matt I Look forward to seeing Wifey back in leathers on a Buell this weekend. Last year you beat her in R1 and saved your rear end from sleeping on the couch by winning the race :p :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back