TJ at Reading (1 Viewer)

I think it is a good "decision" by the competition director. The last thing you want is a driver feeling compelled to come back before he is truly well so he doesn't lose points.

I think it is a good "decision" by the competition director. The last thing you want is a driver feeling compelled to come back before he is truly well so he doesn't lose points.
I agree.
But here's a question: How much advance notice of illness/not well enough to drive is necessary? Just wondering if someone could have jumped and subbed for Justin Ashley in the Top Fuel final at the Winternationals? Does the substitute driver have to be in the car for the entire event? Or is it possible to substitute a driver for a single round of eliminations?

I agree.
But here's a question: How much advance notice of illness/not well enough to drive is necessary? Just wondering if someone could have jumped and subbed for Justin Ashley in the Top Fuel final at the Winternationals? Does the substitute driver have to be in the car for the entire event? Or is it possible to substitute a driver for a single round of eliminations?
You cannot substitute a driver during the race like what you are thinking with Ashley. The driver has to be the one that is on the car entry.

I noticed Vincent Nobile is racing at Reading. Same situation? Is he subbing for someone or did he simply decide to come back out and play?

I noticed Vincent Nobile is racing at Reading. Same situation? Is he subbing for someone or did he simply decide to come back out and play?
He’s in the Elite rent a ride car. Same car he went to the final in earlier this year.

Let's look at a possibility (almost impossible) for the 2021 F/C Championship. Tommy Johnson Jr. wins the first one in Matt Hagen's car. He wins the next two because of Covid keeping Matt out. Matt earns enough points after he gets back and maybe wins so the championship goes to them. Who is the actual Champion? Is it - 1. Matt Johnson Jr. 2. Tommy Hagen 3. Tommy Johnson Jr. 4. Matt Hagen or the real Champion - DICKIE VENABLES. It looks like he might be able to win with Harvey Tubesteak in the seat:cool:.

Let's look at a possibility (almost impossible) for the 2021 F/C Championship. Tommy Johnson Jr. wins the first one in Matt Hagen's car. He wins the next two because of Covid keeping Matt out. Matt earns enough points after he gets back and maybe wins so the championship goes to them. Who is the actual Champion? Is it - 1. Matt Johnson Jr. 2. Tommy Hagen 3. Tommy Johnson Jr. 4. Matt Hagen or the real Champion - DICKIE VENABLES. It looks like he might be able to win with Harvey Tubesteak in the seat:cool:.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm rooting for Harvey Tubesteak!

What is NHRA protocol as far as when Hagan can come back. Just seen Ricky House (TFH) has the virus also. That's why he wasn't at Maple Grove. He was at Indy.

Would have been nice if someone actually reported on how Matt is doing at least once during the 5 total hours of broadcast time today. TJ was awesome all day out of action for a long stretch and driving a car he's never probably driven. He had excellent reaction times too.

When Tommy said, I just have one thing to say. That's for my Dad. I lost it. I had known Sr. for 30+ years and still can't come to grips with his loss.

Congratulations, and awesome job TJ.

Get better Matt.

Last edited:
Congratulations and happy for TJ 🙂.
Has anyone heard how Matt is doing. Is he home? Is he in the hospital?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back