Camping World Championship Points (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
Matt Hagan tested positive for COVID so he can't drive this weekend so Tommy Johnson is replacing him driving the Dodge Hellcat funny car. They announced points earned by Tommy will go to Hagan. I thought the rule was the points belong to the driver not the car. Hagan shouldn't get any points as he is not there. Sorry he tested positive for COVID but he is not there and shouldn't get any points.

Matt Hagan tested positive for COVID so he can't drive this weekend so Tommy Johnson is replacing him driving the Dodge Hellcat funny car. They announced points earned by Tommy will go to Hagan. I thought the rule was the points belong to the driver not the car. Hagan shouldn't get any points as he is not there. Sorry he tested positive for COVID but he is not there and shouldn't get any points.
They changed the rule a year or two ago for certain circumstances (don't remember if it is Covid related or not) If I remember right, Jonnie Lindberg filled in for Bob Tasca and Tasca got the points.

So theoretically if (I hope not) Hagen gets sick and has to sit out several races and someone else drives the car he could potentially win the championship without even being at the races. Just doesn't seem fair.

So theoretically if (I hope not) Hagen gets sick and has to sit out several races and someone else drives the car he could potentially win the championship without even being at the races. Just doesn't seem fair.
I imagine it’s designed to racers didn’t conceal a positive covid test just so they could race. It keeps everyone safer and at the end of the day, the option is available to everyone. I wouldn’t consider it an advantage to put in a driver who hasn’t been racing in a while.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back