Hagan “steals” bonus points, qualifies no. 12 in memphis (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]MEMPHIS (Oct. 3, 2009) - Matt Hagan "stole" three qualifying bonus points today from the Countdown to 1 playoffs contenders and qualified the Valvoline Engine Guarantee/shelor.com Dodge in No. 12 for the NHRA Mid-South Nationals at Memphis Motorsports Park.

He set his quickest pass of 4.136 seconds at 304.05 mph in Friday evening's second session (No. 12), but the pass for which he was rewarded the three bonus points was the final one, in which he scored the quickest of the round of 4.141/300.93. His other runs included a 4.210/293.28 in his first try (No. 12) on Friday, and a 4.925/159.21 (No. 12) in today's third session.

He will face Cruz Pedregon in the opening round of Sunday's eliminations.

'We're really excited with earning those bonus points," said Hagan, who is 12th in the standings and not in the playoffs. "I was really impressed with that last lap. We thought it might be a little greasy out there, because it was a little hotter today than it was yesterday.

"Tommy (DeLago, crew chief) really stepped up and ran a number that lap. All I had to do was hang on to it. I did my part, Tommy did his, and now we have a good race-day set up for tomorrow and go in there and hopefully take out Cruz first round."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back