Timing light WHOOPS? (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
From dragracecentral.com

"Super Gas round three and the beginning of round two of Super Comp will be rerun after Pro Mod qualifying tonight. There was an issue with finish line top end timing cone. "

what happened? was steve johnson notified????:rolleyes:

Block 'moved'... took them a while to figure out what happened... first car across stopped both lights... but, which car was it??????????

d'kid

From dragracecentral.com

"Super Gas round three and the beginning of round two of Super Comp will be rerun after Pro Mod qualifying tonight. There was an issue with finish line top end timing cone. "

what happened? was steve johnson notified????:rolleyes:

Timmah - first car to finish line was activating both lanes' timers. Perhaps Jeff Foster can explain.
Sounds like they may not run tonight. Steve Engel crashed his Pro Mod vette and damaged the wall. Balance of Pro Mod qualifying is postponed until tomorrow and DRC signed off.

Looks like Super Gas & Super Comp Re-runs and rest of Pro Mod won't take place tonight. Steve Engel had a bad crash, rolling the car.

This was unbelievable!!! With all the track people along the side, nobody noticed. I think a great solution would be... bore holes in the track, epoxy in magnets, then have magnets in all the foam blocks. I don't know how many times at my home track in Las Vegas the damn wind has blown those suckers over!! Sounds simple, What do you think?? Bob:)

The facts the 1320 reflector block tiped over and was out of place by 12 inches this allowing the Infrareds see each other. As the first car went across the line it triggered both finish line sensors. The situation appered to happen on the last Pro Mod run prior to Super Gas. It affected 14 pairs of SG and 3 pairs of SC before it was detected and racing shut down to find problem. With no hard data of who crossed finish line first the data on any non-red run was susspect and to re-run them was the only fair resolution to the issue.

it was insane that it took that long to figure out The last pro mod pair before the super classes one guys mph was something like 455mph. That should have told them something was up then. Not sure why 1 1/2 classes wet down without before it was straightened out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back