Time to Move on...! (1 Viewer)

....It's funny how things work out....

At 9:10 last friday, I was no longer with Fed Ex Express.... today at 9:00am I was offered an OUTSTANDING "GOVERMENT" job!!! I can not go into detail what I will be doing, but it will:

1) Pay me about $2.00 per hour than Fed Ex...to start!!!
2) Give me better hours than the other place..
3) Put me on the "COMPANIES" Golf team.....;)
4) Have me work for a manager who is a huge Drag Racing fan and read's Timmah's Blog on Competitionplus.com all the time..(no kidding!)
5) Provide me better benefits, career advancement, and the opportunity to support our Troops!!!
6) Put me about 3 miles away from my girlfriends house....(can you say "AFTERNOON DELIGHT?")
7) Goverment days off, and opportunity to travel to some great destinations for "TRAINING EXERCISES"...
8) MAKE ME HAPPY!!!

What I really like about this, is that one of my former Couriers found the job for by mistake. He was doing his route at this business, and was asked if he knew somebody at Fed Ex who was looking for a career change. He grabbed an application for me, and the rest is history. He said, that he did this for me because of all the things I did for him as his manager. That humbled me more than I can put into words. This has been a very "Intersting year" to say the least, but I now have a new career, doing something that I love to do, and get to support our Nations troops, and work for a man who will give me the required time off to "FOLLOW MY GOALS"!

You were all right, when one door closes, another one opens! Thank you very much for your support!

Your Friend,

Tim Charlet

Congratulations. Yeah, in your case if that first door hadn't closed, the second wouldn't have opened, would it? I love real "you can't make this up" stories. What life's all about. Would you want it any other way? You wouldn't appreciate anything if it didn't come with risk. Who wants security? :D

Congrats Timmah!!
I'm glad that worked out for you. I'll be in Colorado at the end of next month.

S/F
D

I gotta say, you've had an interesting year Timmah!!! What a helluva roller coaster!!!

Good luck there, buddy and Go Gett um!!!

(Ur buddy Martin that is home nursing a scorpion sting...)

Does this mean Timmah's gonna be in Vegass?

It does..! Part of my "negotiation" before taking this job was to insure I had that weekend, and the following week off. So, Timmah will be in Vegas, with "THE GIRLFRIEND" for her 1st EVER NHRA Event...;) I'll most likely only be at the track on Saturday, but We'll be there!!!

Thanks everyone for your support! I'm really looking forward to this new job, oh and David... I COULD TELL YOU.. BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU!!!! hahahaha I've always wanted to say that.. but this time it's real!!!:cool:

Congrats Timmah! Good things come to those who wait, glad you didn't have to wait too long.

Maybe we can meet in Vegas, to bad your going to miss the poker tournament.

Dan

Congrats Timmah! Good things come to those who wait, glad you didn't have to wait too long.

Maybe we can meet in Vegas, to bad your going to miss the poker tournament.

Dan

Yeah, Dan....Gonna miss this years Tourny... I had a blast last year. But, I don't want to kill my new boss with too much time off yet. He's being cool giving me the time the next week. Make sure you get some good footage for me!!! I'll see ya at the track on Saturday....

Timmah

hmmmmm.....

fedup2.jpg

It's a company wide Revolt I tell you!!!! Even Ground was effected by my leaving!

Hahahaha...that's a good one JRX!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back