This is why Fast Jack is SOOO Freakin Cool! (1 Viewer)

Amen to the above.

Have been present at a couple of SAE seminars on careers in motorsport directed towards engineering students where Jack spoke. His enthusiasm spills over to everyone - even to an old guy who's retired from a motorsports career!

ex-nsp

Jack's a one-of-a-kind great guy. He's done me so many favors, I owe him big time.

RG

When we were in Norwalk Jack was talking to some spectators after Friday night qualifying.

It was unbelievable how he captivated them by just being himself. He is a genuine guy with a lot of talent.

What a great role model for kids to look up to!

Haven't met Fast Jack in person but he certainly seems like a class act all the way.

Likewise I have not personally met the guy. Seems like a likeable guy but class act ? I wouldn't call anybody who buys a funny car ride right out from under another driver a class act. It's one thing to grab a ride vacated by somebody recently fired/released but I don't agree with the way he took Whit's ride @ DSR. That's just my .02

Likewise I have not personally met the guy. Seems like a likeable guy but class act ? I wouldn't call anybody who buys a funny car ride right out from under another driver a class act. It's one thing to grab a ride vacated by somebody recently fired/released but I don't agree with the way he took Whit's ride @ DSR. That's just my .02
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The first sentence of that post says it all!! Anybody that knows Jack personally knows the truth. And I'm sure Jack isn't losing any sleep... especially from someone on an internet board questioning whether he's a class act or not.

Look at the folks on here who do think Jack is a class act. They are the ones that know him.

I don't suppose you see any correlation between Whit wearing out his welcome at the Powers camp and his departure from DSR, do you?

It's just business.....happens all the time.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The first sentence of that post says it all!! Anybody that knows Jack personally knows the truth. And I'm sure Jack isn't losing any sleep... especially from someone on an internet board questioning whether he's a class act or not.

Look at the folks on here who do think Jack is a class act. They are the ones that know him.

I don't suppose you see any correlation between Whit wearing out his welcome at the Powers camp and his departure from DSR, do you?

Read the last 4 words in my post. Your entitled to your opinion and so am I.

ive talked to a lot of the pro drivers in person @ e-town, and fast jack was the nicest and coolest of all. a total class act!

Jack didnt "buy Whit's ride out from under him", Jack had a deal in the works with Shumacher for Top Fuel bringing MTS onboard. Things changed to Funny Car by Shumacher when it was decided that Whit "wore out his welcome" at DSR. It was a smart move by Shu, Jack and MTS to continue with an already assembled Funny Car operation rather than start fresh with a Top Fuel car.
As one of Jack's students, I can tell you he is a class act!!! I attended his course at Hawleys back in Feb 00 and can tell you there is no greater teacher...not even Hawley himself!!! Jack has had thousands of students over the years and I have never seen him forget one persons name when he bumps into them years later!!! HELL, I have trouble remembering bothmy kids names half the time!!!:p

Last edited:
Several years ago, we took our employees to Pomona to attend the dragster school. Jack was our instructor. Very cool guy and a great teacher.

Jay

You will meet no one and I mean NO ONE nicer than Jack Beckman. I've known Jack for almost 15 years now and he just makes me shake my head and wonder how anyone with that kind of talent can be THAT pleasant! A driving whore maybe...but a nice one!

PS. I call him that to his face!:D

You will meet no one and I mean NO ONE nicer than Jack Beckman. I've known Jack for almost 15 years now and he just makes me shake my head and wonder how anyone with that kind of talent can be THAT pleasant! A driving whore maybe...but a nice one!

PS. I call him that to his face!:D

So, it's April 2005 in Las Vegas, Nevada, and Jack had just met up with me by the entry to the pro pits at the Vegas 1 national event. He had just signed with Dexter Tuttle to drive that car of his and we were walking to the pits. As were getting towards his trailer, I see this GOD AWEFUL picture of some guy in a black firesuit on the back of his trailer. He say's..."Yeah, that was my picture from the West Hollywood Men's Club yearbook"....That debut race was awesome. He qualified 8th and beat Ben Marshall in the Kalitta Stivectin top fuel car for his 1st round win! Not too shabby from a guy who was just going into remission with Level 3b lymphoma!! That was truly "G" force therepy!!

"A DRIVING WHORE" JACKMAN???? You hit the nail on the head!!! Also from his blog on NHRA.COM, he made over 50 runs in 4 days last weekend and had a 38-7 record driving in two cars saturday and sunday!!! Yeah, I think he's a driving whore, and proud of it!!!;)

Jack is a cool cat.

Now on the contrary, someone should start a thread called..."This is why so and so is such a DICK!"

Jack is a cool cat.

Now on the contrary, someone should start a thread called..."This is why so and so is such a DICK!"

Tony you crack me up!

PS...Don't mess with Dick.

richard-nixon-scarface.jpg

I've mentioned this on a couple of occasions, but I met Jack as a spectator at the '94 Winter Natls. He was sitting in front of us during the Fuel session, and the thing that I remember most is is sense of humor! The guy had something funny to say about just about anything! That was the race when Jack pulled the motor out of his Street El Camino and put it in his SC Dragster to be able to run, I saw a 8.97 which is pretty good for a stock 350!

You've read the rest, now read the best! Susan Wade interviewed Jack Beckman recently and he had some very sincere and heartfelt things to say.

This is a story with real style. Read it by clicking here:

1320 TV

You've read the rest, now read the best! Susan Wade interviewed Jack Beckman recently and he had some very sincere and heartfelt things to say.

This is a story with real style. Read it by clicking here:

1320 TV

Nice work Brian! You guys are lucky to have Jack supporting your site, and I know he does it with a smile!!! He is truly living the Dream! BTW..Awesome video slide show!!! :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back