They Call me Mello Yello (1 Viewer)

Sarcasm is tough in it's written manner....I'll say, yours was on the fence, so a few people may have missed it...I did....instead of getting angry with people for not "getting" it, maybe hone the skill......it's best when slathered on so thick, there's no mistaking it......use the comment below as a guideline.

I'll make sure I put a huge smiley face on the end where you get it next time :D Of course, that was sarcasm, LOL!

NHRA is doing the same thing they did to Topeka this year. The not yet really Summer SummerNationals. Why are they doing it again? Correct the mistake the first time. Why isn't at least going back to the Spring SuperNationals

A lot of people look at Memorial Day Weekend as the Start of Summer, even though on the Calendar it's in June.

A lot of people look at Memorial Day Weekend as the Start of Summer, even though on the Calendar it's in June.

I like how the 2013 feature a few 3 race stints. I liked that in the past but my concern is you got 3 3 race stints, and then everyone has 4 in a row once the countdown starts. Next year will feature the most consecutive races ever with 15 events not having a off weekend the following week. As a fan I love it, but this is Quick turnaround. If there are any postponed we may see 4 in a row twice in 1 season.

I like how the 2013 feature a few 3 race stints. I liked that in the past but my concern is you got 3 3 race stints, and then everyone has 4 in a row once the countdown starts. Next year will feature the most consecutive races ever with 15 events not having a off weekend the following week. As a fan I love it, but this is Quick turnaround. If there are any postponed we may see 4 in a row twice in 1 season.

There are already 2 sets of 4 in a row. One in June-July and one in September-October.

The people on here welcomed and defended every crooked sponsor that came along. Now a legit company/product comes in and you do not like it. What is wrong with this picture?

I don't think anybody dislikes Coke, or their sponsorship, or anything like that...it is just that the name "Mello Yello" seems to be the exact opposite of what drag racing is all about.

I really wonder why some people not liking the new series sponsor name seems to bother some posters here so much :confused:

With Coke extending their commitment for several more use in these tough economic times is great news. This is a national brand sold in most stores buy a powerhouse company. I think this will give the sport better exposure than the Full Throttle activation. Of course, it will be up to Coke as to how much they want to benefit from this partnership and so far it been just so-so. We shouldn't get caught up in the brand name since we all know what NHRA professional drag racing is all about. At least the new logo is cool.

Last edited:
I agree with those who say any sponsorship is good sponsorship. I had a thought though since the name reminds me of an early 70's song. You know, old school. Let's go back to 1320 and maybe detune the nitro cars a bit so they are safe to run at this distance and I think it would really tighten up the competition. I know longer runs are harder on parts but it also means more intense competition. Just a thought.

It's also not necessarily the sponsor, but the push of the sport it sponsors. Full Throttle Cans has NOTHING about NHRA on them. There's No NHRA Display. NOTHING.

I Think Mello Yello with be the same.

The only sponsor that I've seen NHRA get ANY mention on a non-racing network is Lincoln Tech with "The Official Technical School of NHRA" with the NHRA Logo.

Do you think for example the Alexis DeJoria Tequila Patron "Don't Be a Tool, call a Cab" PSA Commercial will air anywhere else besides ESPN? I don't think so.

PowerAde NEVER Pushed NHRA either outside of the NHRA Events.

In the end of the day, it's not the sponsor, It's the awareness of the sport even if it's nowhere NEAR NASCAR's. At least close the gap a little.

On a bus going to the state fair and the younger dude sitting across from us was drinking a bottle of Mello Yello. I've can't recall seeing anyone outside of a drag race drinking Full Throttle.

They were handing out cans of Mello Yello in Indy as soon as you came through the gate. It was the first time I had drank one in a long time, and was better than I remembered it to be. Someone on here asked about diet Mello Yello.....I'm not sure if they have it or not, but I did see Capps drinking a Mello Yello Zero.

It was back in the 80s, but does anyone remember when Mello Yello's slogan was " The World's Fastest Soft Drink"?

michael-hayes-albums-miscellaneous-picture2638-bsworldmello.jpg

Last edited:
They were handing out cans of Mello Yello in Indy as soon as you came through the gate. It was the first time I had drank one in a long time, and was better than I remembered it to be. Someone on here asked about diet Mello Yello.....I'm not sure if they have it or not, but I did see Capps drinking a Mello Yello Zero.

It was back in the 80s, but does anyone remember when Mello Yello's slogan was " The World's Fastest Soft Drink"?

michael-hayes-albums-miscellaneous-picture2638-bsworldmello.jpg
I also have not had a Mello Yello in years, but after this weekend I'm hooked on them. Infact, I think I am going to pop the top on one right now....Pshttt...Awww! that sure tastes good.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back