The Price Increase (1 Viewer)

Well-the smart teams might just have to turn to creative math. Remember when this started a couple of years back? NHRA had figured out how much nitro a team should be using to warm up--burn out+ make a pass. Then it was going around to teams saying they wanted to see reciepts for "X" number of gallons-cuz thats what your team SHOULD have gone thru. Now that maybe or maybe not they will be warming up on alky-and maybe or maybe not staging with it also, whose to keep exact count? Maybe racers will start buying "alky" from that unmarked trailer outside the gate with Indiana liscense plates! :D

Wow... from $900.00 to $1400.00 and change??? Could we see the return of TOP GAS AGAIN????:eek: Oh yeah, that stuff is not that cheaper!

I just can't understand how bad the people at NHRA are in regards to Finantial planning. Tom Compton was brought into NHRA because of his BUSINESS SENSE, To find a way to make NHRA "PROFITABLE". I'm willing to bet that if you look at the NHRA receipts, that they are still making the profits. How bout' this NHRA, Return the money that VP gave you to be named Official supplier, and open the market. I am willing to bet the SUPPLY is not so limited after all.

Folks
What a shame. I did not get in the nitro business to sell nitro to VP. I got into the nitro business to sell nitro to the racers and save them money. It is crazy what is going on.

Don

Folks
What a shame. I did not get in the nitro business to sell nitro to VP. I got into the nitro business to sell nitro to the racers and save them money. It is crazy what is going on.

Don

And NHRA sure makes that hard to do when they monopolize things, don't they? And you are right Shoe, it is a shame.

We believe that Don...

Maybe Wally's finally getting his wish and 'The Nitro Ban' is going to become a reality.

Been around this sport longer than I'd like to think... even saw you test a Wednesday just before Indy in '70... first '6' in a funny I ever saw...

d'kid

I have a question that probably should not be asked. I don't know how this all works, as I'm I guess what you call a casual fan. Meaning I go to one Big race a year and watch the others on the Tube.

The Question is: what's to keep folks from putting "Non-Official"fuel in "Official"fuel drums? Is there a color difference or additive difference?

I have a question that probably should not be asked. I don't know how this all works, as I'm I guess what you call a casual fan. Meaning I go to one Big race a year and watch the others on the Tube.

The Question is: what's to keep folks from putting "Non-Official"fuel in "Official"fuel drums? Is there a color difference or additive difference?

They have a record of how many runs and how many warm ups you do. You have to be able to show receipts for that much nitro from the official supplier.

Folks

Don

I would hope no one here is trying to hold you accountable for the nitro problems. It's plainly obvious what's happening here, and that's you being scapegoated by VP and further squeezed by the NHRA for poor business decisions on their part. I think we all see that here.

Folks
Don

Please keep-up your good work for us non- big show Nitro burners.
Could you get more product from warehouse stock, or is it the only the "gougers" that are having a problem?

Any chance you could make a deal with your neighbors in Buffalo Grove?
Maybe at $1200 a drum they might reconsider our market.

What exactly does PRO do? I know what the drivers organization did back in the 60's but certainly am clueless, so what's new, as to their function?

And a $500 increase in price for product already in hand makes these guys a bigger bend the customer over the old hitching post than Exxon-Mobil. But, I'll bet we only know half the story as usual and that guy who always lets us know that but never fills in the other half might want to pipe in.

One thing I would say that's possibly in VP's defense. If THEIR cost increases, they have to increase the price of what they already have to sell because they have to be able to replace it.

A friend of mine owns a gas station and he's heard that complaint before when he has to raise prices suddenly on gas that's already in his tanks. He has to be able to buy HIS next tank of gas.

..Doc purchased a "barrel" at Joliet on Friday.
... He got about 40 gals.,and paid $1504.00 ,including tax.
......And just to jab it in a little deeper, ! ! ! It's 90% premix, ! ! !
...........So the racers are paying the Nitro price, but getting 4 gals. of alcohol. :mad:
.....................That's 4 gallons (of 100%) per "barrel" ,,,
..............................One barrel "Free for VP" for every ten sold.

.................................................WHO GETS THE FREE BARREL? ? ? ;) :rolleyes:

So if I understand this right, through greed and poor decisions NHRA and VP do not have enough Nitro. Since they now have a shortage that they created they feel it is ok to gouge the racers because of "supply and demand".
On top of that when numerious people try to help by being a second supplier NHRA declines all offers.

It is just my observation that both VP and NHRA have a sever case of cranial rectal inversion and did I mention greed?

I was just thinking that in the sunday paper I am sure I saw a coupon for an eye examination that I would be happy to forward to glendora to have their short sightedness checked. just offering..................:D

Of course the real worrying thing is that if the Chinese realise the benefits of not distilling 100% Nitro that it may stop being produced at all...

The impurities found in the stuff that other industries use would harm engines etc and therefore would be unuseable. So what is the future of Fuel racing?

Last edited:
I see this as an opportunity for NHRA to step up and show that they do give a damn.

Either A stop the increase, doubtful that they can

or B cover the price difference. They know how much a team goes through on any given weekend. Cover that price difference.

If not last weekends short field in TF wont be the only one. Guys like Densham that are on a shoestring already may have just been priced out of the game.

I'll have what PJ's drinking, please. :D;):p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back