The Official 2010 Daytona Speedweek Thread. (2 Viewers)

DrRocket

Nitro Member
This is a catch-all thread I've started to discuss the weeks events leading up to the 2010 edition of the Daytona 500.

:)

If you want to slam NASCAR racing, start your own thread.......:p ;)

Well, during the ARCA 200 race today, I thought Danica Patrick did OK for herself by finishing 6th. Not that bad for a first attempt, although I'll admit she probably had one of the better cars in the field to use. (probably.)

Linky Linky

I thought Danica did a great job today given the fact she has no experience. How she spun and didn't hit anything was amazing and how she drove from the back to the front was pretty cool. Now, tonight was a good race until Gordon decided to bump draft Biffle in the corner. Sorry, but Biffle's tires appeared to be up.

Danica gets all the press and she drove like she dors her Indy car, not for the win but not to lose. Look at the race Ali Owens drove, from way back in the field to the front and had a very good chance to win. Ali drove to win, Danica drove to finish.

Danica gets all the press and she drove like she dors her Indy car, not for the win but not to lose. Look at the race Ali Owens drove, from way back in the field to the front and had a very good chance to win. Ali drove to win, Danica drove to finish.

One of her problems is that she found out what happens when you hang yourself out on the outside lane all by yourself. You lose spots and slide toward the rear of the pack.

David, thanks for getting this rolloing. Outside line is only a problem for her this week. Calif will be different. And so will Nationwide racing

Dale Jr sure sucked in the Shootout. Usually he can get up there and at least battle with a car at 75% on a plate trac... Just goes to show how poor the car was set up.

Dale Jr sure sucked in the Shootout. Usually he can get up there and at least battle with a car at 75% on a plate trac... Just goes to show how poor the car was set up.

Or it might be the guy behind the wheel. His performance the past year and a half points to the driver since there is no problem with the equipment.

Well, it's official. Danica Patrick is going to drive in Saturday's Nationwide race. I heard it from Larry McReynolds on the SpeedTV NASCAR Hub show last night. "Im not sayin' it's a good thing, I'm not sayin' it's a bad thing........." Well, it was clear to me he was really biting his tongue. He went on to talk about how ARCA cars are so much different from Nationwide cars, how much more rough and tumble the Nationwide series is, how many Sprint Cup drivers will be driving, etc. It's clear he doesn't think this is a good move.

A couple of years ago, a fellow race fan asked me if I thought Danica would ever move to NASCAR. "Definitely! NASCAR teams want her because she'll attract the demographics they're desperately chasing. Teenage girls and young women with money to spend, and not co-incidentally, teenage boys and young men who find her hot. The good ole' boys are all dying off, (One reason you don't hear much country music [if you want to call rock music with cowboy boots that.] at the races and on the shows anymore.) and they need to replace them." My friend didn't think she'd make the move. "Not her style of racing" she said. "Money talks. No, money shouts." I said. Got an email from my friend the other day. "By golly, you were wight!" she wrote. "I never thought she'd do it!"

No sayin' I told ya so, but.........:p;)

Last edited:
Pretty close finish in the first Gatorade Dual.

Mark Martin decided discretion was the better part of valor, from what I could tell, and figured it was better to start the race with an intact car than it was to fight with the others for, what to him and his team, would have been a meaningless win.

Pretty close finish in the first Gatorade Dual.

Mark Martin decided discretion was the better part of valor, from what I could tell, and figured it was better to start the race with an intact car than it was to fight with the others for, what to him and his team, would have been a meaningless win.

That was a pair of really good races with "drag racing margins of victory" in both races. I don't blame Mark one bit for dropping to the rear. He had nothing to race for today.

That was a pair of really good races with "drag racing margins of victory" in both races. I don't blame Mark one bit for dropping to the rear. He had nothing to race for today.

Nor do I. If the two qualifying races are any indication, Sunday should prove to be very interesting.

Last edited:
I was watching the races today on Racebuddy and it was entertaining from my office. I can't wait until Sunday, it should be a great race. Go Smoke and Shrub!

Well, it took a while to do it, but they finally got the 2010 edition of the race finished. Jr wasn't even on my radar and all of a sudden, there he is, weaving his way through the field to take second. Another half lap, and he might have won.

Looks like they're just nursing along this surface until the repavement project in 1012. makes me wonder if this incident will force them to move that timetable forward. If you looked carefully, there were other patches in that area besides the big one they were fussing with on Sunday. A friend who has seen the track in person said that you can down into some of the older cracks and see that the pavement is quite thick. I wonder if they'll just put another layer on, or tear up what's there and start from scratch. Pavement technology has come quite a ways since 1959.

Well, it took a while to do it, but they finally got the 2010 edition of the race finished. Jr wasn't even on my radar and all of a sudden, there he is, weaving his way through the field to take second. Another half lap, and he might have won.

He was in 17th at the start of the 2nd G/W/C and was moving up fast as the accident took place behind him. By the beginning of the final, he was in 10th. It was pretty interesting to watch and vintage Jr.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back