The nicest drag stip in the world... (1 Viewer)

Bahrain International Drag Racing Festival

Some More...

HarlanSm.jpg

Harlan Thomson, veteran US FC pilot.... driving a LONG CAR in Bahrain!

PitRowSm.jpg

F1 pit lane, garages and on the left the main circuit grandstand

SiwWarmSm.jpg

Norway's Siv Nystad warms up the Sunoco TF​

Last edited:
Bahrain International Drag Racing Festival

And Finally...

MightyCaterhamSm.jpg

Me going out for a "quick!"" look around the circuit in a Caterham with Tony one of the tracks corporate entertainment team.

BarryRoyaltySm.jpg

Barry meets Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha, Queen of Brunei (Wife of the Sultan).

BurnoutSm.jpg

Now this is what we went for!!!​

CP

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I was in Bahrain just two weeks ago at the same circuit, but I was there for the Australian V8 Supercar Series ...

00100134-Photo.jpg

The track is unbelieveably impressive, but the facilities and layout virtually identical to another circuit in Shanghai, China, which we visited last year for the same thing. They were designed by the same guy, Herman Tilkie (spl?).

I walked over to look at the drag strip and spoke with the track boss about the Euro Top Fuel cars running there, he said it was a huge success. He was a little surprised when I informed him I'd worked a little on the NHRA tour.

The V8 racing was good, but I was disappointed to miss out on some good drag racing!

Chris thanks for those pics, some of us Americans do care what happens in Drag racing in other parts of the World. That pic that looked like the pitrow, was the Strip between there and those Stands on the left? Back in the early 90's a few American's went to Japan for a race, they had a blast even though the performances were Modest at best. You didn't mention what kind of times the Dragsters ran.......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back