ZWeinstein

Nitro Member
From Capps' Facebook

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211120-163122_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211120-163122_Facebook.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 592
So where is Ron going??
Look at the interview Competition Plus did with Hight at Pomona. Essentially said “can’t confirm or deny” Capps is coming to JFR, kinda the standard PR-friendly response for when you know something but can’t say it yet. May or may not not be a 100% done deal yet but I’d bet on it happening

Capps will be owning his own team. He pretty much confirmed that on the Drag Illustrated/Wes Buck show (find it in You Tube) as well as Joe Costello’s WFO podcast this week. Also sounds like there could be a possibility of expansion to a multi car team in the future.

Looks like DSR is downsizing, Maybe just Tony running for the company?
Antron’s team is still going to use DSR shop space and parts so it’ll still be busy around there even if Tony is the only official DSR car. Even more so if they bring on Justin Ashley as a second AB car like Comp Plus suggested

The wording of his announcement sounds like he has cut ALL ties with DSR.
So my next silly season question is: Does DSR still have a NAPA funny car and will have a new driver for 2022? There could be something going on hear that we don't know about. It's strange that a mega player like Don would go from 4 championship funny cars and 2 top fuel cars in 2019 and only 1 t/f car in 2022. It's certainly not about the money.

Last edited:
The wording of his announcement sounds like he has cut ALL ties with DSR.
So my next silly season question is: Does DSR still have a NAPA funny car and will have a new driver for 2022? There could be something going on hear that we don't know about. It's strange that a mega player like Don would go from 4 championship funny cars and 2 top fuel cars in 2019 and only 1 t/f car in 2022. It's certainly not about the money.

I doubt Ron initiated this situation. I don't ever recall him saying that he aspired to be a team owner some day. My guess is that Don S. decided in the last year or so to drastically down-size the team-ownership side of his operation (despite recent news about the step-daughter Megan taking over the drag racing operation from her Dad), but gave current team members a good deal to own their own teams (and buy DSR transporters, tools, parts, etc) and work out of the DSR shop, if desired. Capps wouldn't be making the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT if he wasn't bringing NAPA with him. Sponsorships are WAY too hard to come by these days otherwise. Same with Antron and Matco. Neither of those guys have any of their own money to finance a team.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back