NHRA Changing FC Headers? (1 Viewer)

That's sad. Hopefully they can get to show off some of the big mph's in the events leading up to it. I can't see it being because the cars are going too fast, more in the way they handle/wheelstand.

With the speeds climbing and handling issues, I'm sure it wasn't just the NHRA looking to calm the cars down. Remember Goodyear and the insurance companies have some major influence in these decisions.

John Force, and Matt Hagan ran 335+ mph in qualifying so 335 seems to be the magic number for a rule change

I am sure Goodyear had a lot of input, somewhere right around 330 or so is where they get worried about tire failure.

taking the lazy way out and (not) doing my own research, but will this also be the case with TAFC?

See... Now if it were me, I would say to tilt in the area above the headers inwards so as to not melt the stickers/paint

Set those babies horizontal and let her go.

Idk about the front of the car fender whatever, but putting more weight in the front, absolutely.

Yeah yeah some people can't handle the car but maybe they should hit the gym.
JR Todd on his Instagram, today, was all about the 1100 reps he did on a row and ski, I think it was. He's brand new to funny car and he's done well and not complained (as far as I know)

No one says they have to run the headers laid back. If they're one of those "I wanna sit back and collect a paycheck and hope my sponsors don't know I don't try" then maybe they should just hope their sponsers don't see their headers aren't laid back as far as others... They can say "I didn't want your sticker to melt"

I think there's alot more that headers could so if allowed to do so.
There is also ways to combat the craziness of the headers, such as modifing the body.
There's also probably something they can do with the wings.

I agree with Matt, it's absolutely unfair to make changes now when everyone has worked hard to produce their equipment

And all this uproar about low financed teams, seriously? Change things now when they just barely set their budget for the year and probably got most their parts and they can't even use them? Or their data?

Wow. That should not even been considered
But what do I know? I'm a just a little girl with a big mouth.

I am sure some of the well funded teams have been working with the body builders to create front downforce to counter the header angle. Costs just keep going up...........

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back