"The Ladies of NHRA" (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
From the Charlet Motorsports Lab....Comes Video #5.....

YouTube - Ladies of the NHRA

So, while the Daytona 500 is running....AROUND...and AROUND...Watch some straight line action on YouTube.com;)

Enjoy folks...!

PS: In every video there is a 'Mater' Sighting..can U find the 'Mater' in this one?:rolleyes:

Timmah!

Timmah

very nice. AC/DC was a good choice.
can I find the Mater in the video? do you mean just who's posted since the first of the year?

Erica O, Double E, A.S. and her quick bike.

keep it up!

d'kid

Hey Timmah:
What about Connie Cohen? She has been in Pro Stock Bike since the beginning!!

Great work Timmah! Nice tight editing. I've been editing Radio audio for over 25 years and your work is fantastic.

I noticed you included Erica Ortiz...she's a great lady and a rising star in our sport.

Keep up the good work....

That is a good find, what gets me is with all these attractive young females in the sport. The Popularity of Drag racing remains stagnant! You would think Ashley Force and Melanie would translate into more viewers, but it hasn't.:rolleyes:

Tim,

Great stuff, I am another one of the have been editing audio for radio for a long time (17 years). Good choice of music, good job of editing too. What's next?

Dan

Great video Tim! Someone just sent it to me in an email and I was going to post it on mater! HA! Good thing looked.

And thanks for focusing on their racing before the 'candy'. ;) ;)

Very tasteful presentation. Can we look forward to a Volume II for those who didn't make this cut ?

Thx guy's...AND LADIES....!

1st off, one of the hardest decisions i've had to make was "WHO" I wanted to include in this video. My intention was to "SHOWCASE" about (8-10) Ladies who could sell our sport, thru their driving skills, Public Relations abilities, marketability, and accomplish all of this in about 3:45 seconds! I chose to include current stars, Angelle, Ashley, Melanie, Karen, and Hillary Will, and also include ERICA ORTIZ (your welcome;), and actually I've never seen a picture of you until I started looking for some pics for the video, and WOW UR HOT!) Leah Pruett, Erica Enders, and Jessie Harris, as drivers who if given the right opportunity (and money) could help accelerate our sport to a level that I believe it deserves.

Some of those whom I didn't include, that I sure could have were Connie Cohen, Peggy L, Diana and Kate Harker, Shelly Payne, Brittney and Courtney Force, and many others.

At the beginning of the video, (which I had about 17 seconds of Slow Guitar Entry) I felt that it as important to Showcase about 3 women who fought hard to open the door for these lady drivers of the baddest hot rod's in Motor sports. That's why I chose Shirley, Paula and Amy.

As for the Music, and selection of the Perfect song, I have a bit of experience with this stuff. I was a Mobile DJ and Club DJ back in San Diego, Tiajuana and Las Vegas from 1992-96. Kelly brought up a key point, "I LOVE THAT SONG". Well Good ol' "YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG" is one of those songs that women love to dance too. Go to a wedding, a dance club, heck even a high school dance, and watch the ladies JUMP out to the dance floor!
I'm glad you guys and gals like these videos. I'd make one for myself, but all the times I've been at the track racing, unfortunately my ex wife was with me, and took all the video and photo's, and when we got divorced, they Magically VANISHED!:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the positive comments folks.. Next one we'll take some of Joe's EYE CANDY SHOTS over the years and do a little Hip Hop spin.... I'm thinkin...."GET LOW" by Flo Rida! That or a little RICK JAMES...."GIVE IT TO ME"! :eek:

Also....A VOLUME II could be arranged!

Last edited:
Really appreciated that video

I posted it on another non-racing message board that I post to (they do have a auto racing board within). Most of the other racing folk on that board are all a) Circle racing fans b) Men in their young 30's thinking with the wrong head

I am hoping this opens there eyes to the sport a little more. Maybe not what its all about, but at least they will give it 3 minutes and catch some attention!

Really appreciated that video

I posted it on another non-racing message board that I post to (they do have a auto racing board within). Most of the other racing folk on that board are all a) Circle racing fans b) Men in their young 30's thinking with the wrong head

I am hoping this opens there eyes to the sport a little more. Maybe not what its all about, but at least they will give it 3 minutes and catch some attention!

Thx Brian....That was my intention! Yes, our Drivers are very good looking, but, they also are very talented, and well spoken drivers. However, since I am also in my mid 30's, I'll cut them some slack...;) Thanks for putting it out there!

Glad to have another DENVER Guy here on the Mater! Looking forward to the ALL CONCRETE BANDIMERE THIS YEAR. Now, Just need a car to drive on it!:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back